I installed a second hard drive andit works fine in my new computer one is
labeled C: and the other is labeled F: the c: drive is a 40 gig drive and the
f: is a 180 gig drive. Today i tried to drfrag the smaller C: drive and got
a message saying that because of insuffient disk space the defrag tool would
only be able to run at 8% and needs to run at at lease 15% to work properly.
and thats where my problem is, I thought the 2 drives would work together as
one since i slaved the second larger drive to the first drive i had(both are
almost brand new) but it looks like im wrong . So someone please tell me, is
there something i failed to do to make them work as one or is this something
thats not possible.
--
psptack

"Brian C" <BrianC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
>I installed a second hard drive andit works fine in my new computer one is
> labeled C: and the other is labeled F: the c: drive is a 40 gig drive and the
> f: is a 180 gig drive. Today i tried to drfrag the smaller C: drive and got
> a message saying that because of insuffient disk space the defrag tool would
> only be able to run at 8% and needs to run at at lease 15% to work properly.
> and thats where my problem is, I thought the 2 drives would work together as
> one since i slaved the second larger drive to the first drive i had(both are
> almost brand new) but it looks like im wrong . So someone please tell me, is
> there something i failed to do to make them work as one or is this something
> thats not possible.

Even though it may be possible, it is not something you want to attempt with
your level of knowledge -- there is too high a risk of data loss.

Simply move the data from the My Documents folder to the new F: drive, delete
all your Temporary Internet Files, then defrag the C: drive. Get rid of any
other old Temp files as well, if you know how.

Windows defragmenter works on one drive letter at a time. You'll have to
free up some space on your C: drive if you want to defragment it.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."