REQ: Back versions of MAME/XMAME

Last response: in Video Games
May 18, 2005 7:47:50 PM

I am looking for the source code files to versions 0.36b10 - 0.36b16 of
official Mame. These are the versions of Mame with the Pong simulation
and the gambling machines emulation. The source files will probably be
named m36b##s.zip, and binaries m36b##b.zip. Any help in locating these
files would be greatly appreciated.

I am also searching for XMAME versions prior to v0.36b11, except for
v0.35.3. They are typically called xmame-0.##b##.#.tgz. These files can
also be found inside the Redhat Linux RPM source files which typically
contain an unaltered source archive along with RPM related files.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 6:39:09 AM

The pong simulation was removed after much discussion because it was
felt that it wasn't in the "spirit" of Mame. Pong had no CPU to
emulate or program to interpert, so the best you can do is a simulation
of the electronics. I don't recall why the gambling emulations were
removed, but I vaguely recall some dissent over the number of slot
machines being added. All of this happened 5-6 years ago so I don't
recall all the details.

In the last day I've managed to locate the binaries from
v0.36b10-v0.36b16 (very bare bones, I could only find the mame.exe
files themselves not the other files usually in the binary
distribution), but I'm still looking for the source code archives. I
also found versions 0.36b11 and 0.36b13 of XMAME. If anyone has earlier
versions please let me know.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 3:04:43 PM

Mame Fan wrote:

> These are the versions of Mame with the Pong simulation
> and the gambling machines emulation.

What is the Pong/gambling simulation, and why isn't it in current MAME?
Related resources
May 19, 2005 3:04:44 PM

Rieker Flaik wrote:
> Mame Fan wrote:
>

>>These are the versions of Mame with the Pong simulation
>>and the gambling machines emulation.
>

> What is the Pong/gambling simulation, and why isn't it in current MAME?

MAME's goal is to emulate Arcade games and gambling games are not
strickly arcade games. Pong was a simulation and not emulation,
therefor it was removed.

--
MCR
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...

* Mame Fan Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> The pong simulation was removed after much discussion because it
> was felt that it wasn't in the "spirit" of Mame. Pong had no CPU
> to emulate or program to interpert, so the best you can do is a
> simulation of the electronics. I don't recall why the gambling
> emulations were removed, but I vaguely recall some dissent over
> the number of slot machines being added. All of this happened 5-6
> years ago so I don't recall all the details.

Pong was not the only 'simulation' removed either, Monoco GP, another
great game was removed for the same reason as Pong.

Nicola's words as to why Gambleing games have been removed:

"Some time ago I (Nicola) mistakenly removed Lotto Fun because I
thought it was a gambling machine. After some more careful
evaluation, it is evident that this is a game of skill, therefore it
is now supported again. This was my mistake and I apologize for that.

As a reminder, the exclusion of gambling machines is purely
technical, not moral or legal. Gambling machines are not video games,
and just like MAME doesn't support mechanical pinballs (but it
supports software pinballs), it also doesn't support gambling
machines (but it supports games with a gambling theme). Both
mechanical pinballs and gambling machines can be found in the same
places where video games are; this doesn't make them all the same
thing. The distinction between gambling machines and video games is
not arbitrary: gambling machines usually require more money to play
than a video game (e.g. 10 tokens to start), and they have settings
that allow the operator to decide how much of the money that comes in
should come out. No amount of skill can improve a player's chances of
winning: this is entirely predetermined by the machine."

--
David
Anonymous

MCR wrote:
> Rieker Flaik wrote:
>> Mame Fan wrote:
>>

>>> These are the versions of Mame with the Pong simulation
>>> and the gambling machines emulation.
>>

>> What is the Pong/gambling simulation, and why isn't it in current
>> MAME?
>
> MAME's goal is to emulate Arcade games and gambling games are not
> strickly arcade games. Pong was a simulation and not emulation,
> therefor it was removed.

If you want Pong I reccommend you go and find an Atari 2600 emulator and
play Pong on it. For the other machines, well, tough nuts. I don't play
those type games, and thus don't know how to emulate them. Maybe you could
try Googling it...or maybe even better keep your money in your pocket where
it belongs.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 6:43:01 AM

In a parallel universe, Anti-Anonymous said exactly the opposite of:

> MCR wrote:
>> Rieker Flaik wrote:

>>> What is the Pong/gambling simulation, and why isn't it in current
>>> MAME?
>>
>> MAME's goal is to emulate Arcade games and gambling games are not
>> strickly arcade games. Pong was a simulation and not emulation,
>> therefor it was removed.
>
> If you want Pong I reccommend you go and find an Atari 2600 emulator
> and play Pong on it. For the other machines, well, tough nuts. I don't
> play those type games, and thus don't know how to emulate them. Maybe
> you could try Googling it...or maybe even better keep your money in
> your pocket where it belongs.

???

Who are you replying to, and what do you mean: keep your money in your
pocket where it belongs?

1) Playing emulated 'fruit machines' does not cost any money, so your
money does stay in your pocket

2) If you keep your money in your pocket you can't buy beer, pay the
rent, buy groceries, etc... You need to take it out to use it (watch Lob
or Mark Ross come by to tell you what else you need to take out to
use...) and it does you no good in your pocket.

3) Your reply seems aimed at the OP and yet is seen in reply to MCR's
post, this makes your post irrelevant. In case you didn't see, the thread
went like this:

i) Mame Fan came asking for an older version of MAME which used to
include stuff that isn't included anymore.
ii) Rieker Flaik asked what simulation and gambling games were, a valid
question as far as I know
iii) MCR answers the question factually
iv) You come in and start spouting opinions and banalities that appear to
pass judgement on Mame Fan

I suggest you lurk a bit if you want to stick around, because there are
things about either this group or usenet plain and simple that you do not
seem to understand. Maybe pick a nym other than anonymous (a lot of
people filter that out from the get-go), and also you could head on over
to www.tombstones.org.uk to get a feel for what kind of people hang out
here, since most of the regs have their pic and some info posted up
there.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-Anonymous said exactly the opposite of:
>

>> MCR wrote:

>>> MAME's goal is to emulate Arcade games and gambling games are not
>>> strickly arcade games. Pong was a simulation and not emulation,
>>> therefor it was removed.
>>
>> If you want Pong I reccommend you go and find an Atari 2600 emulator
>> and play Pong on it. For the other machines, well, tough nuts. I
>> don't play those type games, and thus don't know how to emulate
>> them. Maybe you could try Googling it...or maybe even better keep
>> your money in your pocket where it belongs.
>
> ???
>
> Who are you replying to, and what do you mean: keep your money in your
> pocket where it belongs?
>
> 1) Playing emulated 'fruit machines' does not cost any money, so your
> money does stay in your pocket
>
> 2) If you keep your money in your pocket you can't buy beer, pay the
> rent, buy groceries, etc... You need to take it out to use it (watch
> Lob or Mark Ross come by to tell you what else you need to take out to
> use...) and it does you no good in your pocket.
>
> 3) Your reply seems aimed at the OP and yet is seen in reply to MCR's
> post, this makes your post irrelevant. In case you didn't see, the
> thread went like this:
>
> i) Mame Fan came asking for an older version of MAME which used to
> include stuff that isn't included anymore.
> ii) Rieker Flaik asked what simulation and gambling games were, a
> valid question as far as I know
> iii) MCR answers the question factually
> iv) You come in and start spouting opinions and banalities that
> appear to pass judgement on Mame Fan
>
> I suggest you lurk a bit if you want to stick around, because there
> are things about either this group or usenet plain and simple that
> you do not seem to understand. Maybe pick a nym other than anonymous
> (a lot of people filter that out from the get-go), and also you could
> head on over to www.tombstones.org.uk to get a feel for what kind of
> people hang out here, since most of the regs have their pic and some
> info posted up there.
>
> *-) K.os

I misunderstood you a little bit. At first I thought you wanted to set up
your own gambling machine.

And I didn't mean keep your money in your pocket and not buy anything...I
meant it's foolish to gamble because 99% of the time you lose anyway.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 7:50:00 AM

In a parallel universe, Anti-Anonymous said exactly the opposite of:

> I misunderstood you a little bit. At first I thought you wanted to set
> up your own gambling machine.

You misunderstood me a lot, I only appeared in this thread after you
made your comments to MCR, who is not the OP. I am not the OP, MCR is
not the OP, Mame Fan is the OP.

> And I didn't mean keep your money in your pocket and not buy
> anything...I meant it's foolish to gamble because 99% of the time you
> lose anyway.

But gambling on a virtual machine in MAME wouldn't cost anything. I
brought it up because I found your comments here pretty sanctimonions,
from your reaction to perceived blasphemy to your comments in this
thread.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in
the sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some
vantage point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very
rude word" - D. N. Adams
May 22, 2005 1:54:49 PM

K.os wrote:
Snipped

> i) Mame Fan came asking for an older version of MAME which used to
> include stuff that isn't included anymore.
> ii) Rieker Flaik asked what simulation and gambling games were, a valid
> question as far as I know
> iii) MCR answers the question factually
> iv) You come in and start spouting opinions and banalities that appear to
> pass judgement on Mame Fan
>
> I suggest you lurk a bit if you want to stick around, because there are
> things about either this group or usenet plain and simple that you do not
> seem to understand. Maybe pick a nym other than anonymous (a lot of
> people filter that out from the get-go), and also you could head on over
> to www.tombstones.org.uk to get a feel for what kind of people hang out
> here, since most of the regs have their pic and some info posted up
> there.
>
> *-) K.os

Thanks for straightening this one out K.os... I had to read my post to
make sure it wasnt something *I* said :-)

Anyways Anonymous should change his nym.
--
MCR
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
documentation, decryping, developing and playing games!
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 3:39:54 PM

In a parallel universe, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:

[snip]
> Thanks for straightening this one out K.os... I had to read my post to
> make sure it wasnt something *I* said :-)

Glad to help!

> Anyways Anonymous should change his nym.

Agreed.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:43:57 AM

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-Anonymous said exactly the opposite of:
>
>> I misunderstood you a little bit. At first I thought you wanted to
>> set up your own gambling machine.
>
> You misunderstood me a lot, I only appeared in this thread after you
> made your comments to MCR, who is not the OP. I am not the OP, MCR is
> not the OP, Mame Fan is the OP.
>
>> And I didn't mean keep your money in your pocket and not buy
>> anything...I meant it's foolish to gamble because 99% of the time you
>> lose anyway.
>
> But gambling on a virtual machine in MAME wouldn't cost anything. I
> brought it up because I found your comments here pretty sanctimonions,
> from your reaction to perceived blasphemy to your comments in this
> thread.
>
> *-) K.os

All right. Now our little malentendu is fixed.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:45:52 AM

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-MCR said exactly the opposite of:
>
> [snip]
>> Thanks for straightening this one out K.os... I had to read my post
>> to make sure it wasnt something *I* said :-)
>
> Glad to help!
>
>> Anyways Anonymous should change his nym.
>
> Agreed.
>
> *-) K.os

Guys, I'm going to change my name after I can finish up with this important
Usent conversation I have going elsewhere. I don't want any confusion from
them--this guy is sending me his password to remotely log in to his system
via TightVNC and I don't want him to suddenly not trust me because I appear
as a different person. I'll change it to something more original
afterwards...I've already switched over on the IRC network.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:45:53 AM

In a parallel universe, Anti-Anonymous said exactly the opposite of:

[snip]
> Guys, I'm going to change my name after I can finish up with this
> important Usent conversation I have going elsewhere. I don't want any
> confusion from them--this guy is sending me his password to remotely
> log in to his system via TightVNC and I don't want him to suddenly not
> trust me because I appear as a different person. I'll change it to
> something more original afterwards...I've already switched over on the
> IRC network.

It's OK, the guy you're doing the VNC thingy with (Andreas Kohlbach) is
in the same room as me.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
D. N. Adams
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 3:59:17 PM

K.os wrote:

>>Guys, I'm going to change my name after I can finish up with this
>>important Usent conversation I have going elsewhere. I don't want any
>>confusion from them--this guy is sending me his password to remotely
>>log in to his system via TightVNC and I don't want him to suddenly not
>>trust me because I appear as a different person. I'll change it to
>>something more original afterwards...I've already switched over on the
>>IRC network.
>
> It's OK, the guy you're doing the VNC thingy with (Andreas Kohlbach) is
> in the same room as me.

LOL. He won't believe that. :-) Tell him about the hampster.
--
FSogol
Anonymous

Anonymous wrote on 23. May 2005:

> K.os wrote:
>> In a parallel universe, Anti-Anonymous said exactly the opposite of:
>>
>> [snip]
>>> Guys, I'm going to change my name after I can finish up with this
>>> important Usent conversation I have going elsewhere. I don't want any
>>> confusion from them--this guy is sending me his password to remotely
>>> log in to his system via TightVNC and I don't want him to suddenly
>>> not trust me because I appear as a different person. I'll change it
>>> to something more original afterwards...I've already switched over
>>> on the IRC network.
>>
>> It's OK, the guy you're doing the VNC thingy with (Andreas Kohlbach)
>> is in the same room as me.
>>
>> *-) K.os
>
> Is that actually true, or are you just saying that?

It's true. I'm visiting k.os here in Canada since a while.

I purchase two (broke the first) computers for me. The existing one
belongs to k.os. My computer (you can log in now) is a Linux box which
also is a router for k.os PC (Windows 2000).

> I plan to change it to AnonyMouse (I am a fan of the game Mappy, that might
> explain a bit) it will allow me to still remain anonymous, yet at the same
> time be distinguished from the anonymous-remailer posts occasionally found
> here.

Good idea.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;

FSogol wrote on 23. May 2005:

> K.os wrote:
>

>>>Guys, I'm going to change my name after I can finish up with this
>>>important Usent conversation I have going elsewhere. I don't want any
>>>confusion from them--this guy is sending me his password to remotely
>>>log in to his system via TightVNC and I don't want him to suddenly not
>>>trust me because I appear as a different person. I'll change it to
>>>something more original afterwards...I've already switched over on the
>>> IRC network.
>> It's OK, the guy you're doing the VNC thingy with (Andreas
>> Kohlbach) is in the same room as me.
>>
> LOL. He won't believe that. :-) Tell him about the hampster.

Unfortunately died. :-(
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 23, 2005 6:06:21 PM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>>LOL. He won't believe that. :-) Tell him about the hampster.
>
> Unfortunately died. :-(

Bummer.
--
FSogol
Anonymous

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-Anonymous said exactly the opposite of:
>
> [snip]
>> Guys, I'm going to change my name after I can finish up with this
>> important Usent conversation I have going elsewhere. I don't want any
>> confusion from them--this guy is sending me his password to remotely
>> log in to his system via TightVNC and I don't want him to suddenly
>> not trust me because I appear as a different person. I'll change it
>> to something more original afterwards...I've already switched over
>> on the IRC network.
>
> It's OK, the guy you're doing the VNC thingy with (Andreas Kohlbach)
> is in the same room as me.
>
> *-) K.os

Is that actually true, or are you just saying that?

I plan to change it to AnonyMouse (I am a fan of the game Mappy, that might
explain a bit) it will allow me to still remain anonymous, yet at the same
time be distinguished from the anonymous-remailer posts occasionally found
here.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 8:12:10 PM

FSogol wrote:
> K.os wrote:
>

>>> Guys, I'm going to change my name after I can finish up with this
>>> important Usent conversation I have going elsewhere. I don't want
>>> any confusion from them--this guy is sending me his password to
>>> remotely log in to his system via TightVNC and I don't want him to
>>> suddenly not trust me because I appear as a different person. I'll
>>> change it to something more original afterwards...I've already
>>> switched over on the IRC network.
>>
>> It's OK, the guy you're doing the VNC thingy with (Andreas Kohlbach)
>> is in the same room as me.
>>
> LOL. He won't believe that. :-) Tell him about the hampster.

I mean, it's hard to imagine both of you guys in the same room like that.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 9:28:08 PM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> FSogol wrote on 23. May 2005:

>>> It's OK, the guy you're doing the VNC thingy with (Andreas
>>> Kohlbach) is in the same room as me.
>>>
>> LOL. He won't believe that. :-) Tell him about the hampster.
>
> Unfortunately died. :-(

What hamster?
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 9:28:30 PM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> FSogol wrote on 23. May 2005:

>>> It's OK, the guy you're doing the VNC thingy with (Andreas
>>> Kohlbach) is in the same room as me.
>>>
>> LOL. He won't believe that. :-) Tell him about the hampster.
>
> Unfortunately died. :-(

Oh just in case you didn't notice I changed my nickname to AnonyMouse. I was
Anonymous.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 9:43:28 PM

AnonyMouse wrote on 23. May 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>>> LOL. He won't believe that. :-) Tell him about the hampster.
>>
>> Unfortunately died. :-(
>
> What hamster?

The (old) hamster which lived in my room got sick and had to put to sleep
by a vet. :-(

F'up poster.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 24, 2005 4:17:50 AM

AnonyMouse wrote on 23. May 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>>> What hamster?
>>
>> The (old) hamster which lived in my room got sick and had to put to
>> sleep by a vet. :-(
>>
>> F'up poster.
>
> Too bad. He must have been awfully cute.
>
> Maybe you could post a picture of him to the web and put the link here?

Was a she btw.

Though this is not the group for cute hamsters...

<http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie1.jpg&gt;
<http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie2.jpg&gt;
<http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie3.jpg&gt;

F'up poster (please do not reply here, no hamster group :-).
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 24, 2005 4:23:06 AM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> AnonyMouse wrote on 23. May 2005:
>>
>> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>>> Unfortunately died. :-(
>>
>> What hamster?
>
> The (old) hamster which lived in my room got sick and had to put to
> sleep by a vet. :-(
>
> F'up poster.

Too bad. He must have been awfully cute.

Maybe you could post a picture of him to the web and put the link here? I
know of a few image hosting services that offer just that, such as
www.imageshack.us and zexty.com. Personally the latter is my favorite. You
could always just post the hamster to there and put a picture link here. Or,
I shoudl say, the plain text link equivalent, a URL. :-)
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 8:56:16 AM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> AnonyMouse wrote on 23. May 2005:
>>
>> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>>> The (old) hamster which lived in my room got sick and had to put to
>>> sleep by a vet. :-(
>>>
>>> F'up poster.
>>
>> Too bad. He must have been awfully cute.
>>
>> Maybe you could post a picture of him to the web and put the link
>> here?
>
> Was a she btw.
>
> Though this is not the group for cute hamsters...
>
> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie1.jpg&gt;
> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie2.jpg&gt;
> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie3.jpg&gt;
>
> F'up poster (please do not reply here, no hamster group :-).

She's so cute!

But then if you say it's a she then why is its name Eddie? :-?

I always though hamsters were quite cute. By the way, I was wondering, since
I've been accessing a username that you set up for me on your system via a
VNC, I was wondering, since I'm not good at Linux maybe you could do this
for me, but could I have the eddie1.jpg file as my deskstop background? That
would be cute to see whenever I log in via VNC.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:51:21 PM

AnonyMouse wrote:

> Too bad. He must have been awfully cute.
>
> Maybe you could post a picture of him to the web and put the link here? I
> know of a few image hosting services that offer just that, such as
> www.imageshack.us and zexty.com. Personally the latter is my favorite. You
> could always just post the hamster to there and put a picture link here. Or,
> I shoudl say, the plain text link equivalent, a URL. :-)

Is it just me or is this response really, really creepy?

--
FSogol
Anonymous

AnonyMouse wrote on 24. May 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>>
>> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie1.jpg&gt;
>> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie2.jpg&gt;
>> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie3.jpg&gt;
>>
>> F'up poster (please do not reply here, no hamster group :-).
^^^^^^^^^^^
*GRRRRRR*

> She's so cute!
>
> But then if you say it's a she then why is its name Eddie? :-?

Name wasn't given by me. She was one month old at the pic, but already
three years old (what is supposed to be old for a hamster) when I came
here. She was biting others I heard, and they had no patience to make
friends, so I took some time and found out why she bit (you basically
have to wash your hands before getting in contact with hamsters since
they have a bad eye sight and assume it's something to eat), so she only
bit me twice. After that also climbed on my hand.

> I always though hamsters were quite cute. By the way, I was wondering, since
> I've been accessing a username that you set up for me on your system via a
> VNC, I was wondering, since I'm not good at Linux maybe you could do this
> for me, but could I have the eddie1.jpg file as my deskstop background? That
> would be cute to see whenever I log in via VNC.

Can do this. I log in and set you up icewm now.

F'UP POSTER (don't reply to the groups please! If you want to reply, use
"Reply by email" or something, as Outlook Express is broken and rejects
the author's request).
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 24, 2005 9:32:23 PM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> AnonyMouse wrote on 24. May 2005:
>>
>> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>>>
>>> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie1.jpg&gt;
>>> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie2.jpg&gt;
>>> <http://home.arcor.de/ankman/eddie3.jpg&gt;
>>>
>>> F'up poster (please do not reply here, no hamster group :-).
> ^^^^^^^^^^^
> *GRRRRRR*
>
>> She's so cute!
>>
>> But then if you say it's a she then why is its name Eddie? :-?
>
> Name wasn't given by me. She was one month old at the pic, but already
> three years old (what is supposed to be old for a hamster) when I came
> here. She was biting others I heard, and they had no patience to make
> friends, so I took some time and found out why she bit (you basically
> have to wash your hands before getting in contact with hamsters since
> they have a bad eye sight and assume it's something to eat), so she
> only bit me twice. After that also climbed on my hand.
>
>> I always though hamsters were quite cute. By the way, I was
>> wondering, since I've been accessing a username that you set up for
>> me on your system via a VNC, I was wondering, since I'm not good at
>> Linux maybe you could do this for me, but could I have the
>> eddie1.jpg file as my deskstop background? That would be cute to see
>> whenever I log in via VNC.
>
> Can do this. I log in and set you up icewm now.
>
> F'UP POSTER (don't reply to the groups please! If you want to reply,
> use "Reply by email" or something, as Outlook Express is broken and
> rejects the author's request).

Outlook Express is not broken, I have to manually remove it because my email
that I use on Usenet and for acquaintances is not compatible with POP3 and
IMAP. The other email address of mine is the one that is configured into
OE...but I don't want to send any usenet mail from it. Sorry.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:32:08 PM

On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:32:23 GMT, "AnonyMouse"
<send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

<snip>

>> F'UP POSTER (don't reply to the groups please! If you want to reply,
>> use "Reply by email" or something, as Outlook Express is broken and
>> rejects the author's request).

This is cracking me up. Ankman (Andreas) tells you not to reply here,
but you do anyway! :)  Heck, we were all newbs at one time, but man,
how could he have made his point more clearly?

>Outlook Express is not broken, I have to manually remove it because my email
>that I use on Usenet and for acquaintances is not compatible with POP3 and
>IMAP. The other email address of mine is the one that is configured into
>OE...but I don't want to send any usenet mail from it. Sorry.

So create a free acct at Yahoo or wherever and send him a mail from
there! I don't see the above as a valid excuse to keep drawing a
thread on and on when you can cut and paste rather easily.

I don't want to sound harsh to you, but you really should do what
Andreas has said, IMHO.

--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)
May 25, 2005 8:38:03 PM

Rutger6559 wrote:
Snipped

> So create a free acct at Yahoo or wherever and send him a mail from
> there! I don't see the above as a valid excuse to keep drawing a
> thread on and on when you can cut and paste rather easily.
>
> I don't want to sound harsh to you, but you really should do what
> Andreas has said, IMHO.

I agree with you Rick, 100%. I do think a lot of it is naivity really.
I see somethin'-a-brewin' with Anonymouse... :-D

--
MCR
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
documentation, decryping, developing and playing games!
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 3:53:03 AM

AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:

> Rutger6559 wrote:
>>
>> So create a free acct at Yahoo or wherever and send him a mail from
>> there! I don't see the above as a valid excuse to keep drawing a
>> thread on and on when you can cut and paste rather easily.
>>
>> I don't want to sound harsh to you, but you really should do what
>> Andreas has said, IMHO.
>
> Recently I came up with an idea that will help me fix this and that is to
> set up Outlook Express with a fake mail account that spoofs a message from
> my disposable email address I use for Usenet.

You would probably have alot less pain if you just format the harddisk to
get rid of the virus(es), and install for example Mozilla, where you have
an advanceed browser and mail-/newsreader.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 26, 2005 7:05:14 AM

Rutger6559's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:32:23 GMT, "AnonyMouse"
> <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>Outlook Express is not broken, I have to manually remove it because my email
>>that I use on Usenet and for acquaintances is not compatible with POP3 and
>>IMAP. The other email address of mine is the one that is configured into
>>OE...but I don't want to send any usenet mail from it. Sorry.
> So create a free acct at Yahoo or wherever and send him a mail from
> there! I don't see the above as a valid excuse to keep drawing a
> thread on and on when you can cut and paste rather easily.
> I don't want to sound harsh to you, but you really should do what
> Andreas has said, IMHO.

Not only that but that excuse is BS.

A: He doesnt have to use the news reader to email the reply, so could use
anything else, and just copy it over to his email app to send
B: I dont know of a single email type that OE supports that cannot be
supported under something else. Really only hotmail has built in support
that others dont have natively, and also with freepops, hotpopper,
yahoopops, etc you can have access to that and more.
C:just doesnt make sense
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:34:30 AM

Rutger6559 wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:32:23 GMT, "AnonyMouse"
> <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> F'UP POSTER (don't reply to the groups please! If you want to reply,
>>> use "Reply by email" or something, as Outlook Express is broken and
>>> rejects the author's request).
>
> This is cracking me up. Ankman (Andreas) tells you not to reply here,
> but you do anyway! :)  Heck, we were all newbs at one time, but man,
> how could he have made his point more clearly?
>
>> Outlook Express is not broken, I have to manually remove it because
>> my email that I use on Usenet and for acquaintances is not
>> compatible with POP3 and IMAP. The other email address of mine is
>> the one that is configured into OE...but I don't want to send any
>> usenet mail from it. Sorry.
>
> So create a free acct at Yahoo or wherever and send him a mail from
> there! I don't see the above as a valid excuse to keep drawing a
> thread on and on when you can cut and paste rather easily.
>
> I don't want to sound harsh to you, but you really should do what
> Andreas has said, IMHO.

Recently I came up with an idea that will help me fix this and that is to
set up Outlook Express with a fake mail account that spoofs a message from
my disposable email address I use for Usenet.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:35:45 AM

Hellmark wrote:
> Rutger6559's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:32:23 GMT, "AnonyMouse"
>> <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>> Outlook Express is not broken, I have to manually remove it because
>>> my email that I use on Usenet and for acquaintances is not
>>> compatible with POP3 and IMAP. The other email address of mine is
>>> the one that is configured into OE...but I don't want to send any
>>> usenet mail from it. Sorry.
>> So create a free acct at Yahoo or wherever and send him a mail from
>> there! I don't see the above as a valid excuse to keep drawing a
>> thread on and on when you can cut and paste rather easily.
>> I don't want to sound harsh to you, but you really should do what
>> Andreas has said, IMHO.
>
> Not only that but that excuse is BS.
>
> A: He doesnt have to use the news reader to email the reply, so could
> use anything else, and just copy it over to his email app to send
> B: I dont know of a single email type that OE supports that cannot be
> supported under something else. Really only hotmail has built in
> support that others dont have natively, and also with freepops,
> hotpopper, yahoopops, etc you can have access to that and more.
> C:just doesnt make sense

Mine is a disposable email address, not to be confused with the nonexistant
spamtrap that points to 127.0.0l that I have in my message headers.

Have you ever heard of a mail client being compatible with mytrashmail.com
disposable email addresses? Never.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:05:16 AM

AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Mine is a disposable email address, not to be confused with the nonexistant
> spamtrap that points to 127.0.0l that I have in my message headers.
> Have you ever heard of a mail client being compatible with mytrashmail.com
> disposable email addresses? Never.

Actually yeah. There are a few tools for checking webbased mail via any
POP3 compatable email tool. I use freepops, and that one doesnt support
mytrashmail out of the box, however, its easy to make a filter to make it
work.
May 26, 2005 11:52:52 AM

* Hellmark wrote in alt.games.mame:
> AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> Mine is a disposable email address, not to be confused with the nonexistant
>> spamtrap that points to 127.0.0l that I have in my message headers.
>> Have you ever heard of a mail client being compatible with mytrashmail.com
>> disposable email addresses? Never.

> Actually yeah. There are a few tools for checking webbased mail via any
> POP3 compatable email tool. I use freepops, and that one doesnt support
> mytrashmail out of the box, however, its easy to make a filter to make it
> work.

Gmail will let you send and recv pop3 email via any client providing the
client has the available configuration options. Outlook will do it.

--
David
I Know A Joke!!

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:
>>
>> Rutger6559 wrote:
>>>
>>> So create a free acct at Yahoo or wherever and send him a mail from
>>> there! I don't see the above as a valid excuse to keep drawing a
>>> thread on and on when you can cut and paste rather easily.
>>>
>>> I don't want to sound harsh to you, but you really should do what
>>> Andreas has said, IMHO.
>>
>> Recently I came up with an idea that will help me fix this and that
>> is to set up Outlook Express with a fake mail account that spoofs a
>> message from my disposable email address I use for Usenet.
>
> You would probably have alot less pain if you just format the
> harddisk to get rid of the virus(es), and install for example
> Mozilla, where you have an advanceed browser and mail-/newsreader.

This is disposable mail, read, a MAILINATOR-LIKE THING. I think the only way
to make it compatible is by forwarding, which I do not want to do as it
defeats the purpose of a disposable email address.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 5:09:19 PM

SINNER wrote:
> * Hellmark wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
>> his body were:
>>> Mine is a disposable email address, not to be confused with the
>>> nonexistant spamtrap that points to 127.0.0l that I have in my
>>> message headers.
>>> Have you ever heard of a mail client being compatible with
>>> mytrashmail.com disposable email addresses? Never.
>
>> Actually yeah. There are a few tools for checking webbased mail via
>> any POP3 compatable email tool. I use freepops, and that one doesnt
>> support mytrashmail out of the box, however, its easy to make a
>> filter to make it work.
>
> Gmail will let you send and recv pop3 email via any client providing
> the client has the available configuration options. Outlook will do
> it.

Well, I don't know where in the world I would find an invite. Otherwise I'm
sure I'd have a gmail address too.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 5:09:20 PM

"AnonyMouse" <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in

> Well, I don't know where in the world I would find an invite.
> Otherwise I'm sure I'd have a gmail address too.

Cann't find a gmail invite . Right .
If there was any doubt before this should end it .
May 26, 2005 7:18:21 PM

* AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER wrote:
>> * Hellmark wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>> AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged
>>> through his body were:
>>
>>> Actually yeah. There are a few tools for checking webbased mail
>>> via any POP3 compatable email tool. I use freepops, and that one
>>> doesnt support mytrashmail out of the box, however, its easy to
>>> make a filter to make it work.
>>
>> Gmail will let you send and recv pop3 email via any client
>> providing the client has the available configuration options.
>> Outlook will do it.
>
> Well, I don't know where in the world I would find an invite.
> Otherwise I'm sure I'd have a gmail address too.

Everyone that has them has 50 invites that are ever replenished, all
you need to do is ask and provide a valid address for it to be sent
and you could have one. I have 2 accounts each with 50 invites.

Not to mention that there are always countless free ones available
at:

http://isnoop.net/gmail/

--
David
Anonymous

SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> * AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> Well, I don't know where in the world I would find an invite.
>> Otherwise I'm sure I'd have a gmail address too.
> Everyone that has them has 50 invites that are ever replenished, all
> you need to do is ask and provide a valid address for it to be sent
> and you could have one. I have 2 accounts each with 50 invites.
> Not to mention that there are always countless free ones available
> at:
> http://isnoop.net/gmail/

Yeah, with Gmail, as soon as you invite someone, they refill it. Plus tons
of places giving out accounts. Hell my local LUG has a wiki setup for
putting up invites.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:32:49 PM

AnonyMouse wrote on 26. May 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>> AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:
>>>
>>> Recently I came up with an idea that will help me fix this and that
>>> is to set up Outlook Express with a fake mail account that spoofs a
>>> message from my disposable email address I use for Usenet.
>>
>> You would probably have alot less pain if you just format the
>> harddisk to get rid of the virus(es), and install for example
>> Mozilla, where you have an advanceed browser and mail-/newsreader.
>
> This is disposable mail, read, a MAILINATOR-LIKE THING. I think the only way
> to make it compatible is by forwarding, which I do not want to do as it
> defeats the purpose of a disposable email address.

I'm talking about your infected PC, which might sent spam since you
might be part of a bot net. And doesn't let you install stuff.

Whether to have a valid or non valid email address is something different.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 27, 2005 10:15:31 AM

AnonyMouse wrote:
> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>
>>AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:

>>>Recently I came up with an idea that will help me fix this and that
>>>is to set up Outlook Express with a fake mail account that spoofs a
>>>message from my disposable email address I use for Usenet.
>>
>>You would probably have alot less pain if you just format the
>>harddisk to get rid of the virus(es), and install for example
>>Mozilla, where you have an advanceed browser and mail-/newsreader.
>

> This is disposable mail, read, a MAILINATOR-LIKE THING. I think the only way
> to make it compatible is by forwarding, which I do not want to do as it
> defeats the purpose of a disposable email address.

......on the other hand, I have been using this addy for the last 6 years
as my public addy, and only distributing my private addy if I reply to
someone. So far, I have received almost /no/ spam in my private
account, and the yahoo spam filter takes care of almost all spam that
hits my public account.

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

XInterface wrote:
> "AnonyMouse" <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in
>

>>Well, I don't know where in the world I would find an invite.
>>Otherwise I'm sure I'd have a gmail address too.
>>

> Can't find a gmail invite . Right .
> If there was any doubt before this should end it .

If gmail invites were any more common, I'd be treading on them in the
street! I agree, this comment stinks of bullshit.

--
MCR
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
documentation, decryping, developing and playing games!
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 3:28:24 PM

Dead_Dad wrote on 27. May 2005:

> .....on the other hand, I have been using this addy for the last 6
> years as my public addy, and only distributing my private addy if I
> reply to someone. So far, I have received almost /no/ spam in my
> private account, and the yahoo spam filter takes care of almost all
> spam that hits my public account.

True. Kickass spam filters exist and can filter up to 99% spam out. I use
my email addresses since years, and with only a few filters on the ISP's
account I kick about 90% of all spam.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 27, 2005 6:40:57 PM

* Dead_Dad wrote in alt.games.mame:
> AnonyMouse wrote:

[...]

>> This is disposable mail, read, a MAILINATOR-LIKE THING. I think the only way
>> to make it compatible is by forwarding, which I do not want to do as it
>> defeats the purpose of a disposable email address.

> .....on the other hand, I have been using this addy for the last 6 years
> as my public addy, and only distributing my private addy if I reply to
> someone. So far, I have received almost /no/ spam in my private
> account, and the yahoo spam filter takes care of almost all spam that
> hits my public account.

But your above address is munged.

--
David
"Just the facts, Ma'am"

SINNER wrote:
> * Dead_Dad wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>>AnonyMouse wrote:
>

> [...]
>

>>>This is disposable mail, read, a MAILINATOR-LIKE THING. I think the only way
>>>to make it compatible is by forwarding, which I do not want to do as it
>>>defeats the purpose of a disposable email address.
>

>>.....on the other hand, I have been using this addy for the last 6 years
>>as my public addy, and only distributing my private addy if I reply to
>>someone. So far, I have received almost /no/ spam in my private
>>account, and the yahoo spam filter takes care of almost all spam that
>>hits my public account.
>

> But your above address is munged.

......and your point is.....<G>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

* Dead_Dad wrote in alt.games.mame:
> SINNER wrote:
>> * Dead_Dad wrote in alt.games.mame:

>> [...]

>>>.....on the other hand, I have been using this addy for the last 6 years
>>>as my public addy, and only distributing my private addy if I reply to
>>>someone. So far, I have received almost /no/ spam in my private
>>>account, and the yahoo spam filter takes care of almost all spam that
>>>hits my public account.

>> But your above address is munged.

> .....and your point is.....<G>

That your above 'brag' is invalid.

];)

--
David
The wages of sin are high but you get your money's worth.

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>>> You would probably have alot less pain if you just format the
>>> harddisk to get rid of the virus(es), and install for example
>>> Mozilla, where you have an advanceed browser and mail-/newsreader.

I use Firefox already sometimes, but I do use IE most of the time because I
have a GREAT IE shell called NetCaptor that has some great features in it
(like tabbed browsing, but the best thing is that there are NO extra
windows, open in new window just opens in a new tab, which is nice
sometimes). If any of you guys want to check it out for yourselves I got it
from www.netcaptor.com.

> I'm talking about your infected PC, which might sent spam since you
> might be part of a bot net. And doesn't let you install stuff.
>
> Whether to have a valid or non valid email address is something
> different.

I can easily tell it is not sending spam for two reasons:

1) The computer that has the virus is powered off 20/7.

2) I do not see my wireless network PCI card (it's a laptop) flashing unless
I am using the Internet myself.
!