Duron 700 and Uwave mb

keith

Can that cpu be overclocked in the old Presario 5000 5WV254 786k1? If
so, then I'll set about reading and researching. If not, then you can
save me the time of finding out. Thanks.

Also, what's the difference between Socket A and Socket 462? They're
just different names for the same thing? What's Socket 7?

Ed

On 10 Feb 2005 22:58:13 -0800, "Keith" <keith129@walla.com> wrote:

>Can that cpu be overclocked in the old Presario 5000 5WV254 786k1? If
>so, then I'll set about reading and researching. If not, then you can
>save me the time of finding out. Thanks.

I doubt a Compaq Presario has any overclocking options on the board, so
you'd probably need a nice #2 pencil to change the default multiplier
and Vcore. http://www.overclockers.com/tips402/

Have fun,
Ed

Ed

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:46:38 -0600, Ed <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 10 Feb 2005 22:58:13 -0800, "Keith" <keith129@walla.com> wrote:
>
>>Can that cpu be overclocked in the old Presario 5000 5WV254 786k1? If
>>so, then I'll set about reading and researching. If not, then you can
>>save me the time of finding out. Thanks.
>
>I doubt a Compaq Presario has any overclocking options on the board, so
>you'd probably need a nice #2 pencil to change the default multiplier
>and Vcore. http://www.overclockers.com/tips402/

This may be more of what you'll need , cut and close bridges.
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/socketa_resistors.html

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:58:13 -0800, Keith wrote:

> Can that cpu be overclocked in the old Presario 5000 5WV254 786k1? If so,
> then I'll set about reading and researching. If not, then you can save me
> the time of finding out. Thanks.

You should be able to get close to 1000MHz out of the Duron 700.

> Also, what's the difference between Socket A and Socket 462? They're
> just different names for the same thing?

Yes, they are the same thing.

> What's Socket 7?

For older Pentiums, AMD K6's, Cyrix 686's. Pretty old stuff now.

My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm