Hello,

I have the following problem with my windows xp box:
- my dvd (pioneer) is connected with 80-conductor cable.
- my motherboard is correctly handling udma of my hdd.
- bios detects that this dvd (at the moment: the only one on my primary
ide cable) is capable of udma 66
- win xp has the "udma if possible" set.
But I have still dvd running in pio mode.

Could anyone tell me where might be the problem ?

With regard,

Tomek Mêciñski

M3ntos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following problem with my windows xp box:
> - my dvd (pioneer) is connected with 80-conductor cable.
> - my motherboard is correctly handling udma of my hdd.
> - bios detects that this dvd (at the moment: the only one on my
> primary ide cable) is capable of udma 66
> - win xp has the "udma if possible" set.
> But I have still dvd running in pio mode.
>
> Could anyone tell me where might be the problem ?
>
> With regard,
>
> Tomek Mêciñski

Try this KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q247951 How to