External USB hard drive problem

I hope this is the right forum to post this:

Using XP home SP1
For some unknown reason my external USB hard disk suddenly starts to make
the computer reboot.
When I turn on the computer and the Ext drive is connected the computer goes
into a cycle of rebooting after loading windows.
If I start the computer with the External HD turned off no problem.
As soon as I turn on the hard disk the system reboots.
I have no idea why this suddenly started to happen.

If anyone can offer suggestions how to solve this I would appreciate it or
if more info is needed please ask.
Thanks in advance

"TheBFG"wrote:
>I hope this is the right forum to post this:
>
> Using XP home SP1
> For some unknown reason my external USB hard disk suddenly starts to make
> the computer reboot.

Also try "comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage".

*TimDaniels*

Thanks for the reply but what does try "comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage".
mean?

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

> "TheBFG"wrote:
> >I hope this is the right forum to post this:
> >
> > Using XP home SP1
> > For some unknown reason my external USB hard disk suddenly starts to make
> > the computer reboot.
>

> Also try "comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage".
>
> *TimDaniels*

It means try that newsgroup. It's primary topic of
discussion is hard disk drives.

*TimDaniels*

"TheBFG" wrote:
> Thanks for the reply but what does try
> "comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage".
> mean?
>

> "Timothy Daniels" wrote:
>

>> "TheBFG"wrote:
>> >I hope this is the right forum to post this:
>> >
>> > Using XP home SP1
>> > For some unknown reason my external USB hard disk suddenly starts to make
>> > the computer reboot.
>>

>> Also try "comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage".
>>
>> *TimDaniels*

The person who replied meant, try the newsgroup
'comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage'

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"TheBFG" <TheBFG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply but what does try
> "comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage".
> mean?
>

> "Timothy Daniels" wrote:
>

>> "TheBFG"wrote:
>> >I hope this is the right forum to post this:
>> >
>> > Using XP home SP1
>> > For some unknown reason my external USB hard disk suddenly starts to
>> > make
>> > the computer reboot.
>>

>> Also try "comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage".
>>
>> *TimDaniels*

TRENDING THREADS