Wireless Network Icon

I need to configure my wireless network but cant. When I open up the network
connections the only one shown is my Loacal area Connections. How do I
install the wireless network Icon?
4 answers Last reply
More about wireless network icon

    Brad wrote:

    > I need to configure my wireless network but cant. When I open up the
    > network connections the only one shown is my Loacal area Connections.
    > How do I install the wireless network Icon?

    Do you have wireless hardware? If you have a laptop, is the wireless
    enabled? Most modern laptops have a way to enable/disable the wireless
    connection via a button or switch on the laptop case. If this is your
    situation, is the button on?

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    My Lap top dose not have a switch / button to turn it on or off, I do have a
    a wireless not book adapter card installed in my computer butthe instuction
    to set it up tells me to co to "network connections" and and edit the
    propoties on wireless network but I have no wireless networkicon showing.

    Brad wrote:

    > My Lap top dose not have a switch / button to turn it on or off, I do
    > have a a wireless not book adapter card installed in my computer
    > butthe instuction to set it up tells me to co to "network connections"
    > and and edit the propoties on wireless network but I have no wireless
    > networkicon showing.

    1. Does Device Manager show the wireless nic installed?
    2. Does the wireless nic come with its own connectivity management
    software?
    3. What operating system are you running? If you are running XP, is
    Windows Wireless Zero Configuration service running? If not, turn it
    on.

    Malke
    --

    "Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
    > Brad wrote:
    >
    >> I need to configure my wireless network but cant. When I open up the
    >> network connections the only one shown is my Loacal area Connections.

    There is no wireless network icon on any of my wireless nodes that are using
    windows built in wireless networking, only the local area connection is
    listed on the top level network connections menu so your results sound
    normal. Open the local area connection. Right click it, select properties,
    on next menu select configure for your wireless card. After that you'll see
    a wireless network tab. Take it from there.

Wireless Wireless Network Configuration Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking