USB ports. My laptop does not detect my USB Flash Drive

I recently installed Xilinx ISE 6.3i (a software to program digital design
circuits) After the installation I found out that every time I plug in my USB
Flash Drive, the system does not recognize it. I spotted the reason was this
program. In one of the step of installation, this option appears:

"Platform Cable USB Driver (IMPORTANT: OS support info bellow)
The Platform Cable USB utilizes driver technology that requires Win2000 SP4
or greater or WinXP SP1 or greater. You may install this driver now if you do
not have the proper version, but the cable will not work properly until you
upgrade your OS version."

I checked this option, because I have WinXP SP2 installed. But my USB Flash
Drive is not recognized. I tried to used the SYSTEM RESTORE feature, but it
does not work.

Does anybody know how to undo this setting? Please email to jquepuy@msn.com
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about ports laptop detect flash drive

    Jose Quepuy wrote:
    > I recently installed Xilinx ISE 6.3i (a software to program digital
    > design circuits) After the installation I found out that every time I
    > plug in my USB Flash Drive, the system does not recognize it. I
    > spotted the reason was this program. In one of the step of
    > installation, this option appears:
    >
    > "Platform Cable USB Driver (IMPORTANT: OS support info bellow)
    > The Platform Cable USB utilizes driver technology that requires
    > Win2000 SP4 or greater or WinXP SP1 or greater. You may install this
    > driver now if you do not have the proper version, but the cable will
    > not work properly until you upgrade your OS version."
    >
    > I checked this option, because I have WinXP SP2 installed. But my USB
    > Flash Drive is not recognized. I tried to used the SYSTEM RESTORE
    > feature, but it does not work.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to undo this setting? Please email to
    > jquepuy@msn.com Thanks

    Is a driver loaded from the program? Check startup programs in
    Start/Run command/type: msconfig[enter]/select the Startup Tab. Look
    through these and see if any have a path to the xilinx home directory.
    If so, uncheck the box, reboot.

    Quaoar, I checked the msconfig but found nothing in the Startup tab about
    Xilinx.

    "Quaoar" wrote:

    > Jose Quepuy wrote:
    > > I recently installed Xilinx ISE 6.3i (a software to program digital
    > > design circuits) After the installation I found out that every time I
    > > plug in my USB Flash Drive, the system does not recognize it. I
    > > spotted the reason was this program. In one of the step of
    > > installation, this option appears:
    > >
    > > "Platform Cable USB Driver (IMPORTANT: OS support info bellow)
    > > The Platform Cable USB utilizes driver technology that requires
    > > Win2000 SP4 or greater or WinXP SP1 or greater. You may install this
    > > driver now if you do not have the proper version, but the cable will
    > > not work properly until you upgrade your OS version."
    > >
    > > I checked this option, because I have WinXP SP2 installed. But my USB
    > > Flash Drive is not recognized. I tried to used the SYSTEM RESTORE
    > > feature, but it does not work.
    > >
    > > Does anybody know how to undo this setting? Please email to
    > > jquepuy@msn.com Thanks
    >
    > Is a driver loaded from the program? Check startup programs in
    > Start/Run command/type: msconfig[enter]/select the Startup Tab. Look
    > through these and see if any have a path to the xilinx home directory.
    > If so, uncheck the box, reboot.

  3. I think you should uninstall what you've installed, reboot your computer.
    Next time, please try to understand all the messages and pop up windows that appear when you install before clicking NEXT, OKs and YESes.

USB Windows XP