CD burning trouble with laptop

My laptop has an internal 'Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2312' which is my CD/DVD
drive. It used to be able to burn cds before without any trouble, but now
every time I try to burn a cd, the whole laptop shuts down. I made sure that
the writing speed was under the cd's max speed, that i wasn't using a generic
brand blank cd, that the drive is installed correctly, and that it is running
on AC power (not battery). I thought the problem might have been with the
software I was using for burning- Cakewalk Pyro, but using Realplayer, the
same thing happened. I ran a few virus scans as well, and I just cannot
figure out the problem. If anyone can help...or has any suggestions, it would
be really appreciated. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about burning trouble laptop

    Sonds like an overheating problem. Contact the notebook manufacturer.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Richa" <Richa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My laptop has an internal 'Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2312' which is my CD/DVD
    > drive. It used to be able to burn cds before without any trouble, but now
    > every time I try to burn a cd, the whole laptop shuts down. I made sure
    > that
    > the writing speed was under the cd's max speed, that i wasn't using a
    > generic
    > brand blank cd, that the drive is installed correctly, and that it is
    > running
    > on AC power (not battery). I thought the problem might have been with the
    > software I was using for burning- Cakewalk Pyro, but using Realplayer, the
    > same thing happened. I ran a few virus scans as well, and I just cannot
    > figure out the problem. If anyone can help...or has any suggestions, it
    > would
    > be really appreciated. Thanks

Laptops Burner CD-Rom Windows XP