Dead mother Board

The mother board of my hp laptop died. I have another laptop (Dell).
Any ideas how I can transfer the data on the hard disk of the old hp to
the new Dell? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about dead mother board

    You need to buy an external (USB?) case (2.5") for the hard disk from the HP
    laptop. Put that HD into the case, connect to the Dell, use.... Possibly
    take ownership of files and folder on the hd, if it's formatted NTFS.

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Koubeissi" <koubeissi@gmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > The mother board of my hp laptop died. I have another laptop (Dell).
    > Any ideas how I can transfer the data on the hard disk of the old hp to
    > the new Dell? Thanks

  2. You can get ide/ mini ide cables to usb on ebay for about $10. Laptop IDE doesn't need a power cable I think.

Dell Motherboards Windows XP