Dead mother Board

a b V Motherboard
September 29, 2005 10:26:19 PM

The mother board of my hp laptop died. I have another laptop (Dell).
Any ideas how I can transfer the data on the hard disk of the old hp to
the new Dell? Thanks

More about : dead mother board

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2005 8:36:53 AM

You need to buy an external (USB?) case (2.5") for the hard disk from the HP
laptop. Put that HD into the case, connect to the Dell, use.... Possibly
take ownership of files and folder on the hd, if it's formatted NTFS.

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Koubeissi" <koubeissi@gmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> The mother board of my hp laptop died. I have another laptop (Dell).
> Any ideas how I can transfer the data on the hard disk of the old hp to
> the new Dell? Thanks

June 24, 2006 2:24:30 PM

You can get ide/ mini ide cables to usb on ebay for about $10. Laptop IDE doesn't need a power cable I think.
!