IDC: Windows 8, Ultrabooks Will Push 2012 PC Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Surface baby. If that thing has HD4000/trinity on the pro model it will be a day 1 purchase.

Being able to play SC2 and DOTA on my tablet with the KB and a bluetooth mouse :)

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]lradunovic77[/nom]Tablet market will declined. There was initial hype with Apple iPad but that's all to it.[/citation]

MS Surface (Pro version) is a fully functional windows computer. It makes both tablets and ultrabooks kinda obsolete, as it seems to be the perfect hybrid of them

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Meanwhile everyone that buys a laptop or desktop with Windows 8 will push Windows 7 downgrade sales. lol

Basicly what it's coming down to is a tale of two OSes Windows 8 for tablet based systems and Windows 7 for desktop and Laptop systems. I wouldn't be surprised if Windows 9 has two diff version because of this. A Windows 9 Tablet Edition for those with tablets and touch screens and a Windows 9 PC Edition for those with desktops and laptops.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]MS Surface (Pro version) is a fully functional windows computer. It makes both tablets and ultrabooks kinda obsolete, as it seems to be the perfect hybrid of them[/citation]

Well, a netbook could be called a fully functional Windows computer as well, depending on your needs really.

The Surface Pro is a bit too thick and heavy to be a nice tablet, and not quite suited for actual serious work due to its crippled ULV processor and a netbook-sized screen. Sure you can technically run Photoshop/CS on it, but who's going to drop $700 for a license and then squint at the 10" screen? Not that many people I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS