MSI K8N Neo & A64 3000+

moods

This week some store is giving away motherboards and processors because
they are opening a new store,.. I can get the MSI K8N Neo for 69 euro
and an oem A64 3000+ for 75 euro,.. Prices are right but is this a good
combination for overclocking?
Furthermore I'dd like to ask if it is possible to put a mobile 64bit
athlon in desktop motherboards like that msi k8n (just like the mobile
barton) and if it's worth to buy the mobile in a while and replace my 75
euro 3000+
Thanks for any advice guys,..

--
"suicide hotline,.. please hold"

If the 3000+ is a Winchester you won't feel the need for a mobile. They run
very cool. Under cool'n'quiet, according to the amd dashboard, they run at
1.1v under 50% cpu load.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

By the way, if you put a mobile in it won't have a heatshield and thus it
will not be as high. So, a heatsink may contact the lip of the cpu socket
and be held off or in inferior contact with the cpu. You may be able to file
the lip down.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/