MBM5 CPU Diode temperature

Hi people,

I've just changed heatsinks on my XP2500+@3200+ & MBM5 is giving me unusual
temps. The CPU Socket temp is about the same (which is a little
disappointing in itself) but the CPU Diode sensor is reporting temps about
10deg C higher than it did previously. It used to report a bit below the
Socket censor, now it's 7-ish degrees above. Everything seems stable
still...

Is it something i need to worry about?

Mobo is an Asus A7N8X-Del 2.0

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

jamie anderson wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I've just changed heatsinks on my XP2500+@3200+ & MBM5 is giving me
> unusual temps. The CPU Socket temp is about the same (which is a
> little disappointing in itself) but the CPU Diode sensor is reporting
> temps about 10deg C higher than it did previously. It used to report
> a bit below the Socket censor, now it's 7-ish degrees above.
> Everything seems stable still...
>
> Is it something i need to worry about?

If it's Prime95 stable, then it's not too hot :)

I find it hard to believe that the diode temperature could be below the
socket temperature, especially in an overclocked machine. Are you sure the
heatsink was the only thing you changed? Didn't update BIOS, change settings
in MBM, etc etc?

--
Michael Brown