WPA2 Cable Guy Article!

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0505.mspx

Hey folks - the update isn't live yet, but he Cable Guy article is!

-Carl

--
Standard Disclaimers -
and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

    This article points to a KB doc that does not exist.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893357

    Ideas?

    Carl DaVault [MSFT] escribió:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0505.mspx
    >
    > Hey folks - the update isn't live yet, but he Cable Guy article is!
    >
    > -Carl

    It took a while for the web to update, but it's definitely live now.

    WPA2 is now possible with our native client (assuming you are using a card
    and access point that support WPA2).

    --

    "Julio Locatelli" <jlocatell@datamarkets.com.ar> wrote in message
    > This article points to a KB doc that does not exist.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893357
    >
    > Ideas?
    >
    > Carl DaVault [MSFT] escribió:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0505.mspx
    >>
    >> Hey folks - the update isn't live yet, but he Cable Guy article is!
    >>
    >> -Carl

    Interesting when appropriated support files will be included in DDK ?
    Arkady

    "Carl DaVault [MSFT]" <carlda@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > It took a while for the web to update, but it's definitely live now.
    >
    > WPA2 is now possible with our native client (assuming you are using a card
    > and access point that support WPA2).
    >
    > --
    > Standard Disclaimers -
    > and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly
    > to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.
    >

    > "Julio Locatelli" <jlocatell@datamarkets.com.ar> wrote in message
    >> This article points to a KB doc that does not exist.
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893357
    >>
    >> Ideas?
    >>
    >> Carl DaVault [MSFT] escribió:
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0505.mspx
    >>>
    >>> Hey folks - the update isn't live yet, but he Cable Guy article is!
    >>>
    >>> -Carl

    The revised OID's have been part of the DDK for some time now. The
    following link will get you there. Essentially there are two new OID's and
    some additional implementation guidence for a few of the older ones. The
    following link will take you directly to the wireless OID's.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/217wirelessoid_4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp

    DDK updates for the Provisioning Service are located here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/217wirelessoid_4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp

    Is there a specific element you are looking for?

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    "Arkady Frenkel" <arkadyf@hotmailxdotx.com> wrote in message
    > Interesting when appropriated support files will be included in DDK ?
    > Arkady
    >
    > "Carl DaVault [MSFT]" <carlda@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> It took a while for the web to update, but it's definitely live now.
    >>
    >> WPA2 is now possible with our native client (assuming you are using a
    >> card and access point that support WPA2).
    >>
    >> --
    >> Standard Disclaimers -
    >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
    >> and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly
    >> to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.
    >>

    >> "Julio Locatelli" <jlocatell@datamarkets.com.ar> wrote in message
    >>> This article points to a KB doc that does not exist.
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893357
    >>>
    >>> Ideas?

    Exactly those , but them yet not appear in last DDK ( 3790 )
    That was my question when updated H files will appear in DDK ?
    TIA
    Arkady

    "Jerry Peterson[MSFT]" <jerrype@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The revised OID's have been part of the DDK for some time now. The
    > following link will get you there. Essentially there are two new OID's
    > and some additional implementation guidence for a few of the older ones.
    > The following link will take you directly to the wireless OID's.
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/217wirelessoid_4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp
    >
    > DDK updates for the Provisioning Service are located here:
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/217wirelessoid_4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp
    >
    > Is there a specific element you are looking for?
    >
    > --
    > Jerry Peterson
    > Windows Network Services - Wireless

    > rights.
    > "Arkady Frenkel" <arkadyf@hotmailxdotx.com> wrote in message
    >> Interesting when appropriated support files will be included in DDK ?
    >> Arkady
    >>
    >> "Carl DaVault [MSFT]" <carlda@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> It took a while for the web to update, but it's definitely live now.
    >>>
    >>> WPA2 is now possible with our native client (assuming you are using a
    >>> card and access point that support WPA2).
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Standard Disclaimers -
    >>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
    >>> and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly
    >>> to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.
    >>>

    >>> "Julio Locatelli" <jlocatell@datamarkets.com.ar> wrote in message

    Which header files are you looking for?

    --

    > Exactly those , but them yet not appear in last DDK ( 3790 )
    > That was my question when updated H files will appear in DDK ?
    > TIA
    > Arkady
    >
    > "Jerry Peterson[MSFT]" <jerrype@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> The revised OID's have been part of the DDK for some time now. The
    >> following link will get you there. Essentially there are two new OID's
    >> and some additional implementation guidence for a few of the older ones.
    >> The following link will take you directly to the wireless OID's.
    >>
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/217wirelessoid_4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp
    >>
    >> DDK updates for the Provisioning Service are located here:
    >>
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/217wirelessoid_4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp
    >>
    >> Is there a specific element you are looking for?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jerry Peterson
    >> Windows Network Services - Wireless

    >> rights.
    >> "Arkady Frenkel" <arkadyf@hotmailxdotx.com> wrote in message
    >>> Interesting when appropriated support files will be included in DDK ?
    >>> Arkady
    >>>
    >>> "Carl DaVault [MSFT]" <carlda@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

    I need at least an updated ntddndis.h to define stuff like
    Ndis802_11AuthModeWPA2. Any idea where to find such updates? Google
    is failing to turn up anything other than this thread but the last
    message was on 6 July.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

    The notification path for WPA2 authentication modes is via
    OID_802_11_CAPABILITY/NDIS_802_11_CAPABILITY. If you do not implement
    support to this OID, WPA2 authentication modes will not be available to the
    Windows client. Reposting one and adding a few other related links to save
    on search time.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/217wirelessoid_4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/213_802.11_f511433f-6ff8-4a81-a901-ca0faa8f1878.xml.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/network/hh/network/213_802.11_81224ce1-f66c-4ff4-adac-529ed2ab1511.xml.asp

    If you have the latest SDK the updated header files are in %sdkroot%/inc/.

    --

    "Eric Angell" <eric.angell@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I need at least an updated ntddndis.h to define stuff like
    > Ndis802_11AuthModeWPA2. Any idea where to find such updates? Google
    > is failing to turn up anything other than this thread but the last
    > message was on 6 July.

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

    Thanks for the links but I've already seen all of those. I've
    implemented support for OID_802_11_CAPABILITY, but I can't compile the
    code because my WINDDK (3790.1830) doesn't have the appropriate WPA2
    definitions. I'm planning to work around that by manually defining
    structs like NDIS_802_11_CAPABILITY and
    NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_ENCRYPTION, and adding
    Ndis802_11AuthModeWPA2 and Ndis802_11AuthModeWPA2PSK to the enum
    NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_MODE. However, this makes me nervous as I
    won't know for sure that I've touched everything that needs changing.
    I'd rather be fighting bugs in my code than bugs in the interface.

    When you say the latest SDK are you referring to DDK 3790.1830 or
    something else?

    Thanks for your help!

Networking Microsoft Cable Wireless Networking