Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Abit AV8 3 eye, Boot from SCSI

Tags:
  • AMD
  • SCSI
  • Boot
  • Windows XP
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2005 3:24:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Hi

I've had some problems with my new AV8 board (Preinstalled XP old computer =
I just moved the disc to a Promise controller I had.). I have a lot of IDE
(PATA) discs, none SATA discs, and one SCSI (160) disc. When I had problems
booting into my old XP, I've was only able to install Win 2003, and not XP,
not even do a repaire (Stop 0x0000007B, 0x00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

Now when my XP suddenly is OK, I can't get to boot from any of the other
discs. I've tried every combination I believe, in BIOS. I really want to
boot from my SCSI disc, but don't know how to do it. I hade a Promise IDE
controller, and a Adaptec 29160 SCSI card on my ABIT AV8 3 eye MB. I'm only
able to boot from my XP disc on the Promise controller or DVD player on the
normal IDE controller (MoBo)

Is this something that ABIT have to fix with a new BIOS update? Or, is there
anyone that can tell me what to do?

:-)aj

More about : abit av8 eye boot scsi

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 1, 2005 2:13:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

I forgot to say that I have 5 IDE Disc, 0 SATA disc and 1 SCSI disc. Almost
everyone are boot disc with OS on, because of the problem I had earlier. I
can't boot from any of these discs

:-)aj


"BB See" <toscanabob@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BEsUd.10533$IW4.264431@news2.e.nsc.no...
> Hi
>
> I've had some problems with my new AV8 board (Preinstalled XP old computer
> =
> I just moved the disc to a Promise controller I had.). I have a lot of IDE
> (PATA) discs, none SATA discs, and one SCSI (160) disc. When I had
> problems
> booting into my old XP, I've was only able to install Win 2003, and not
> XP,
> not even do a repaire (Stop 0x0000007B, 0x00000034, 0x00000000,
> 0x00000000).
>
> Now when my XP suddenly is OK, I can't get to boot from any of the other
> discs. I've tried every combination I believe, in BIOS. I really want to
> boot from my SCSI disc, but don't know how to do it. I hade a Promise IDE
> controller, and a Adaptec 29160 SCSI card on my ABIT AV8 3 eye MB. I'm
> only
> able to boot from my XP disc on the Promise controller or DVD player on
> the
> normal IDE controller (MoBo)
>
> Is this something that ABIT have to fix with a new BIOS update? Or, is
> there
> anyone that can tell me what to do?
>
> :-)aj
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 1, 2005 10:30:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:13:55 +0100, "BB See" <toscanabob@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I forgot to say that I have 5 IDE Disc, 0 SATA disc and 1 SCSI disc. Almost
>everyone are boot disc with OS on, because of the problem I had earlier. I
>can't boot from any of these discs
>
>:-)aj
>
Check your settings on the Advanced Bios page . Line 1 and Line 2
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 10, 2005 2:55:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Hard disk boot priority 'bootable add in cards' line(ie.your Promise
controller), move the order till its at the top of the list with the page
up,page down keys.It is not explained as such(the keys) in the manual.This
may help.Good luck
--

SteveH
Abit AV8 Third Eye v1.1, A64 3200+ at 2340(9x260),1.5V CPU
DIY watercool
Radeon Sapphire 9700

"Basil" <ab_lis_@llaf_f_fer.br> wrote in message
news:m82a21llrp6v5hokko5uqfeakamf0h8tlr@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:13:55 +0100, "BB See" <toscanabob@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I forgot to say that I have 5 IDE Disc, 0 SATA disc and 1 SCSI disc.
Almost
> >everyone are boot disc with OS on, because of the problem I had earlier.
I
> >can't boot from any of these discs
> >
> >:-)aj
> >
> Check your settings on the Advanced Bios page . Line 1 and Line 2
>
>
!