thunderbird 1.0 overclock

hello all... let me first say that i am new to this forum and
overclocking as well.

but now to buisness

i am playing around with an amd 1.0 ghz thunderbird (old lol). I
managed to get it clocked to 1.25 ghz very stable. with the
following abit nf-7 mobo bios settings

clock 138

mult 9.0

and all voltage settings to the default on the abit nf-7 mobo.

also i am running a thermaltake tr2 m8 blower fan cpu cooler
mounted using arctic silver and the standard abit northbridge
cooling.

also from a cooling standpoint i have

1- 80 mm intake fan
1- 80 mm hd cooler fan
1 - 80 mm exaust fan

anyway now comes the 2 part question.

1 - it tends to run around 43 c at idle and i have seen under
extream circumstnaces 50 c this is in an un airconditioned
enviornment. most of the time when i am gaming with say unreal
tournament 2003 it stays aroung 46 c to 48 c. are these temps
ok?

2 - does anyone have any suggestions for a better overclock or temp
resolution?

thanks

Killer

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:16:53 -0500, Killer_Hippy wrote:

> 1 - it tends to run around 43 c at idle and i have seen under extream
> circumstnaces 50 c this is in an un airconditioned enviornment. most
> of the time when i am gaming with say unreal tournament 2003 it stays
> aroung 46 c to 48 c. are these temps ok?

Those are good temps for an overclocked Tbird core.

> 2 - does anyone have any suggestions for a better overclock or temp
> resolution?

Temps are fine, and a 25% overclock is too. You might get a little more of
of it, but it's not worth the effort.

raise the voltage on the cpu and ram.Then try some more.
"Killer_Hippy" <Killerhippy@msn-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> hello all... let me first say that i am new to this forum and
> overclocking as well.
>
> but now to buisness
>
> i am playing around with an amd 1.0 ghz thunderbird (old lol). I
> managed to get it clocked to 1.25 ghz very stable. with the
> following abit nf-7 mobo bios settings
>
> clock 138
>
> mult 9.0
>
> and all voltage settings to the default on the abit nf-7 mobo.
>
> also i am running a thermaltake tr2 m8 blower fan cpu cooler
> mounted using arctic silver and the standard abit northbridge
> cooling.
>
> also from a cooling standpoint i have
>
> 1- 80 mm intake fan
> 1- 80 mm hd cooler fan
> 1 - 80 mm exaust fan
>
> anyway now comes the 2 part question.
>
> 1 - it tends to run around 43 c at idle and i have seen under
> extream circumstnaces 50 c this is in an un airconditioned
> enviornment. most of the time when i am gaming with say unreal
> tournament 2003 it stays aroung 46 c to 48 c. are these temps
> ok?
>

> 2 - does anyone have any suggestions for a better overclock or temp
> resolution?
>

> thanks
>

> Killer

Kool many thanks for the input.. much appreciated