Mb for 64 athlon

Hi

Can someone here tell me which Motherboard is " the best barebones as far
as features are concerned motherboard"? for an athlon 64 processor. I'd like
to set up a computer as a digital audio machine only with no bells and
whistles..
Thanks for any suggestions.

Jay

if you don't mind 754

i think the asus K8n is great, only has spdif out if thats a problem and no
firewire, but i think the latter is fixed by the k8nv i think
"jsummerz" <jsummerz@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can someone here tell me which Motherboard is " the best barebones as far
> as features are concerned motherboard"? for an athlon 64 processor. I'd
> like
> to set up a computer as a digital audio machine only with no bells and
> whistles..
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Jay

"jsummerz" <jsummerz@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can someone here tell me which Motherboard is " the best barebones as far
> as features are concerned motherboard"? for an athlon 64 processor. I'd
> like
> to set up a computer as a digital audio machine only with no bells and
> whistles..
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Jay

What socket?

--
Derek

Yes, correct you all are. Great news group by the way!
I'm thinking Maudio delta 1010 or a MOTU 2408mk3 with sonar 4 on a simple
AMD setup. What would be more advantagious 939 or 754? If it lasts a few yrs
I'll be happy. If I can record hundreds of 24 bit mixes before she kicks
I'll be happy. By then I'll come in here and I'll look and ask again for the
next bitching amd combo.
I appreciate all input so far. Also, cpu and motherboard combo...what around
500.00 should get me something decent... right?

Jay
"jsummerz" <jsummerz@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can someone here tell me which Motherboard is " the best barebones as far
> as features are concerned motherboard"? for an athlon 64 processor. I'd
like
> to set up a computer as a digital audio machine only with no bells and
> whistles..
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Jay

Thanks

That could very well be my choice..
"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> if you don't mind 754
>
> i think the asus K8n is great, only has spdif out if thats a problem and
no
> firewire, but i think the latter is fixed by the k8nv i think
> "jsummerz" <jsummerz@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Can someone here tell me which Motherboard is " the best barebones as
far
> > as features are concerned motherboard"? for an athlon 64 processor. I'd
> > like
> > to set up a computer as a digital audio machine only with no bells and
> > whistles..
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> > Jay

"jsummerz" <jsummerz@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

" Can someone here tell me which Motherboard is 'the best barebones as far
as features are concerned motherboard'? for an athlon 64 processor. I'd like
to set up a computer as a digital audio machine only with no bells and
whistles.. "

MicroATX / ATX ?
Socket 754 / 939 ?

I take it you want onboard graphics, yes?

If you are setting up a professional or semi-professional audio system, then
surely you are going to buy a 'proper' sound card anyway.

Or are you just building something to relay MP3s to your stereo system? Do
you need an Athlon 64 to do that? Why not build a Mini-ITX (or other SFF)
system with Linux on it? http://www.mini-itx.com/

You need to be a bit more specific with your needs. A budget would be good
too.

> Yes, correct you all are. Great news group by the way!
> I'm thinking Maudio delta 1010 or a MOTU 2408mk3 with sonar 4 on a simple
> AMD setup. What would be more advantagious 939 or 754? If it lasts a few
yrs
> I'll be happy. If I can record hundreds of 24 bit mixes before she kicks
> I'll be happy. By then I'll come in here and I'll look and ask again for
the
> next bitching amd combo.
> I appreciate all input so far. Also, cpu and motherboard combo...what
around
> 500.00 should get me something decent... right?

You don't need that good of a processor.

Skimp on the mobo/CPU (go NForce 2 and duron) and spend the extra money on a
good sound card.

500$ is probably ok if you don't need a monitor.

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.