Insert Contact Data into Calendar Appointment

July 28, 2004 7:10:18 PM

There must be a simple add-in to copy contact data to appointment notes or
subject, or somewhere useful, etc.

I'm not looking for a full blown calendar replacement just a simple
solution.

Anyone seen an app to do this?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm surprised there isn't more of a stink about the lack of this
feature.

PPC2002 Axim X5
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 8:00:33 PM

"BOC" <junk@junk.com> wrote in

> There must be a simple add-in to copy contact data to appointment
> notes or subject, or somewhere useful, etc.
>
> I'm not looking for a full blown calendar replacement just a simple
> solution.
>
> Anyone seen an app to do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.S. I'm surprised there isn't more of a stink about the lack of this
> feature.
>
> PPC2002 Axim X5

I'm pretty sure Informant allows you to do this type of stuff.

Scott
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 9:01:12 PM

"BOC" <junk@junk.com> wrote in message
> There must be a simple add-in to copy contact data to appointment notes or
> subject, or somewhere useful, etc.
>
> I'm not looking for a full blown calendar replacement just a simple
> solution.
>
> Anyone seen an app to do this?

See
http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/5/0/d5020bbf-1...

HTH,

Flib
July 28, 2004 9:01:13 PM

"Flibble" <tough@thetop.com> wrote in

> See
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/5/0/d5020bbf-1...
> b5b99793e2/cntctool.exe
>
> HTH,
>
> Flib

Can you post a link to a description instead of an executable? I try not
to run things when I don't know what it will do-- which is good advice for
everybody

Scott
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 1:06:12 AM

Thanks Flibble, I'll check it out.

Link to description of MS Power Toys:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/downlo...

Description of Flibble's link:

"Microsoft Power Contacts for Pocket PCs
This Power Toy adds the following options to the Contacts pop-up menu:

Create Appointment - creates an appointment with the contact as the attendee
and the subject.

Create Task - creates a task with the contact as the subject.

Open Web Page - opens the web page associated with the contact.

This download is intended for English Windows Powered Pocket PC only."

"Scott Seidman" <namdiesttocs@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> "Flibble" <tough@thetop.com> wrote in
>
> > See
> > http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/5/0/d5020bbf-1...
> > b5b99793e2/cntctool.exe
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Flib
> >

> Can you post a link to a description instead of an executable? I try not
> to run things when I don't know what it will do-- which is good advice for
> everybody
>
> Scott
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 3:17:57 AM

"Scott Seidman" <namdiesttocs@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Can you post a link to a description instead of an executable? I try not
> to run things when I don't know what it will do-- which is good advice for
> everybody

Apologies - I've been so used to using it, I didn't think.

Flib
!