New revisions of Athlon64?

Hi,

Have heard a rumour and read in another newsgroup that AMD will shortly
upgrade the CPU's to Stepping E3. Does anybody have a clue as to what the
upgrade will be, I am hoping that it will fix some memory oddities I am
plagued by. Planning to replace my 3000+ with a 4000+ so I am wondering if I
should wait for the new CPU's to become available.

Thanks

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:07:07 +0100, Harald wrote:

> Have heard a rumour and read in another newsgroup that AMD will shortly
> upgrade the CPU's to Stepping E3. Does anybody have a clue as to what the
> upgrade will be, I am hoping that it will fix some memory oddities I am
> plagued by. Planning to replace my 3000+ with a 4000+ so I am wondering if I
> should wait for the new CPU's to become available.

Memory oddities? I haven't noticed any on my old 3000+. I've read some
stuff on the newer cores, but don't recall much. SSE3 was added to one,
but don't recall which one and don't care.:)

Hi,

Are you talking about the AthlonXP, my post is about the Athlon64 (939) as
you can tell from the subject line.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:47:35 +0100, Harald wrote:

> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:07:07 +0100, Harald wrote:
>>
>>> Have heard a rumour and read in another newsgroup that AMD will shortly
>>> upgrade the CPU's to Stepping E3. Does anybody have a clue as to what the
>>> upgrade will be, I am hoping that it will fix some memory oddities I am
>>> plagued by. Planning to replace my 3000+ with a 4000+ so I am wondering
>>> if I
>>> should wait for the new CPU's to become available.
>>>
>> Memory oddities? I haven't noticed any on my old 3000+. I've read some
>> stuff on the newer cores, but don't recall much. SSE3 was added to one,
>> but don't recall which one and don't care.:)
>>
> Are you talking about the AthlonXP, my post is about the Athlon64 (939) as
> you can tell from the subject line.

No, I'm talking about A64's XP's don't even have SSE2. My 3000+ is an old
clawhammer core.