Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2005 6:08:15 AM

newegg has Kingmax pc3200 2 x 512 dual channel kits for $84 after rebate!!
Until the 18th.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

Two sets - 4 sticks - are running dual channel in a Gigabyte K8NS-939 and
memtest rates the speed at 2121 mb/sec, compared to 1207 for two pc2700's in
single channel (which got about 809 in a socket A).

In the user reviews, someone got them up to 220. Didn't report at what
voltage.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

More about : kingmax dual channel memory sale

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2005 1:15:38 PM

Ed Light wrote:
> newegg has Kingmax pc3200 2 x 512 dual channel kits for $84 after rebate!!
> Until the 18th.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>
> Two sets - 4 sticks - are running dual channel in a Gigabyte K8NS-939 and
> memtest rates the speed at 2121 mb/sec, compared to 1207 for two pc2700's in
> single channel (which got about 809 in a socket A).
>
> In the user reviews, someone got them up to 220. Didn't report at what
> voltage.

Good deal this week, but what about next week? Memory prices are still
dropping, the question is 'when will they bottom out'?
March 16, 2005 5:28:31 PM

In article <113gmp3dm6gk5ce@corp.supernews.com>, feesa@sbd.net says...
> Ed Light wrote:
> > newegg has Kingmax pc3200 2 x 512 dual channel kits for $84 after rebate!!
> > Until the 18th.
> >
> > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
> >
> > Two sets - 4 sticks - are running dual channel in a Gigabyte K8NS-939 and
> > memtest rates the speed at 2121 mb/sec, compared to 1207 for two pc2700's in
> > single channel (which got about 809 in a socket A).
> >
> > In the user reviews, someone got them up to 220. Didn't report at what
> > voltage.
> >
> Good deal this week, but what about next week? Memory prices are still
> dropping, the question is 'when will they bottom out'?

About two weeks before you decide to buy, after which time the prices will have risen
tremendously.

At least that's how it seems to work for me.

Bill
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 16, 2005 5:37:56 PM

"M. Bezzel" <feesa@sbd.net> wrote in message
> Ed Light wrote:
>> newegg has Kingmax pc3200 2 x 512 dual channel kits for $84 after
>> rebate!! Until the 18th.
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>>
>> Two sets - 4 sticks - are running dual channel in a Gigabyte K8NS-939 and
>> memtest rates the speed at 2121 mb/sec, compared to 1207 for two pc2700's
>> in single channel (which got about 809 in a socket A).
>>
>> In the user reviews, someone got them up to 220. Didn't report at what
>> voltage.
>>
> Good deal this week, but what about next week? Memory prices are still
> dropping, the question is 'when will they bottom out'?

Good point. This kit was $105 last week. Now it's $95 with no rebate.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\