Hey guys,

I wanted to get your opinion on a board, i just ordered the nf7-s v2.0
board but i was actually shipped the NF7 v2.0. the company offered to refund
my shipping and the cost diffrence between the two boards. I'm not exactly
sure if i should keep the NF7 or get the NF7-S. This is going to be a 3rd
machine running an athlon xp 2600, it's clock multiplier unlocked and i've
reduced the multiplier from 11.5 to 11 (pin mod), it runs stable at 11X210
on another board. it doesn't boot at 11.5 and 200 though even with 1.80
volts. so i was hoping to get a board that supported the pci/agp lock and
continue overclocking the board a little more. i don't really need the
soundstorm or the multiplier functions of the nf7-s. i have a SB Audigy
gamer, Intel 10/100/1000 Network card, and a Geforce fx5900, with a maxtor
160GB 7200rpm ATA 133 hard drive, matched mushkin pc3200 cl2 memory

To me it looks like a steal for the mb as i would only end up paying $20 for
it, but i'm not sure how the board overclocks. Is there anything i'm
overlooking on this board? or am i really just going to miss out on the
serial ata, soundstorm, and the cpu multiplier functions?

Chris

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:13:20 -0800, "Chris Streeter"
<zhorntix@verizon.net> wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
> I wanted to get your opinion on a board, i just ordered the nf7-s v2.0
>board but i was actually shipped the NF7 v2.0. the company offered to refund
>my shipping and the cost diffrence between the two boards. I'm not exactly
>sure if i should keep the NF7 or get the NF7-S. This is going to be a 3rd
>machine running an athlon xp 2600, it's clock multiplier unlocked and i've
>reduced the multiplier from 11.5 to 11 (pin mod), it runs stable at 11X210
>on another board. it doesn't boot at 11.5 and 200 though even with 1.80
>volts. so i was hoping to get a board that supported the pci/agp lock and
>continue overclocking the board a little more. i don't really need the
>soundstorm or the multiplier functions of the nf7-s. i have a SB Audigy
>gamer, Intel 10/100/1000 Network card, and a Geforce fx5900, with a maxtor
>160GB 7200rpm ATA 133 hard drive, matched mushkin pc3200 cl2 memory
>
>To me it looks like a steal for the mb as i would only end up paying $20 for
>it, but i'm not sure how the board overclocks. Is there anything i'm
>overlooking on this board? or am i really just going to miss out on the
>serial ata, soundstorm, and the cpu multiplier functions?
>

>Chris

AFAIK the NF7 v2.0 overclocks every bit as well as the NF7 -S v2.0.
I'm currently running an XP M 2500 @11.5*210 Mhz (2415Mhz) Vcore 1.62V
with no problems on my NF7. The NF7 has the full range of FSB,
multiplier, memory timings and voltage adjustments - it's just the
other bells and whistles you mention that you don't get.

bejay

Unless you want firewire and/or sata keep the nf7
"Chris Streeter" <zhorntix@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
>
> I wanted to get your opinion on a board, i just ordered the nf7-s v2.0
> board but i was actually shipped the NF7 v2.0. the company offered to
> refund my shipping and the cost diffrence between the two boards. I'm not
> exactly sure if i should keep the NF7 or get the NF7-S. This is going to
> be a 3rd machine running an athlon xp 2600, it's clock multiplier unlocked
> and i've reduced the multiplier from 11.5 to 11 (pin mod), it runs stable
> at 11X210 on another board. it doesn't boot at 11.5 and 200 though even
> with 1.80 volts. so i was hoping to get a board that supported the pci/agp
> lock and continue overclocking the board a little more. i don't really
> need the soundstorm or the multiplier functions of the nf7-s. i have a SB
> Audigy gamer, Intel 10/100/1000 Network card, and a Geforce fx5900, with a
> maxtor 160GB 7200rpm ATA 133 hard drive, matched mushkin pc3200 cl2 memory
>
> To me it looks like a steal for the mb as i would only end up paying $20
> for it, but i'm not sure how the board overclocks. Is there anything i'm
> overlooking on this board? or am i really just going to miss out on the
> serial ata, soundstorm, and the cpu multiplier functions?
>

> Chris

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

"Chris Streeter" <zhorntix@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
>
> I wanted to get your opinion on a board, i just ordered the nf7-s v2.0
> board but i was actually shipped the NF7 v2.0. the company offered to
refund
> my shipping and the cost diffrence between the two boards. I'm not exactly
> sure if i should keep the NF7 or get the NF7-S. This is going to be a 3rd
> machine running an athlon xp 2600, it's clock multiplier unlocked and i've
> reduced the multiplier from 11.5 to 11 (pin mod), it runs stable at 11X210
> on another board. it doesn't boot at 11.5 and 200 though even with 1.80
> volts. so i was hoping to get a board that supported the pci/agp lock and
> continue overclocking the board a little more. i don't really need the
> soundstorm or the multiplier functions of the nf7-s. i have a SB Audigy
> gamer, Intel 10/100/1000 Network card, and a Geforce fx5900, with a maxtor
> 160GB 7200rpm ATA 133 hard drive, matched mushkin pc3200 cl2 memory
>
> To me it looks like a steal for the mb as i would only end up paying $20
for
> it, but i'm not sure how the board overclocks. Is there anything i'm
> overlooking on this board? or am i really just going to miss out on the
> serial ata, soundstorm, and the cpu multiplier functions?
>

> Chris

Keep the NF7. I'm running two, since I don't need the SATA. Excellent
overclocker. Same bios functions as the "S."

jake

Cool thanks guys, if you don't mind i had one other question. I noticed
there are alot of modded bios' availible for the NF7-S, does the NF7 get the
same support, or how is the bios selection for the board?