Confirm my wireless understanding please?

Hi all, I am very new to wireless, so I really just need to have my
understanding confirmed, hopefully.

I have just got a Wifi enabled Pocket PC, 802.11b, (Axim X30) and want to
sit 30-40 feet away from my PC surfing the web, on it, wirelessly.

I have an NTL cable modem, connecting to my PC via a network card (not USB).
Other than requiring a PCI wireless network card such as this,
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/productdetails.aspx?pid=006
am I right in thinking this is all I will need? I understand I will need to
set up Internet Connection Sharing, which looks almost staright forward.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Yes, you could do it that way. Here is an adhoc guide that describes how to do that...

http://www.geocities.com/grieg_winter/adhoc/index.html

IMHO, however, you would be better off purchasing a combination broadband router/wireless access
point. Some advantages are (in no special order)...

* Built-in NAT firewall functionality to protect your home LAN.
* You don't need your PC turned on in order to access the internet from your wireless Axim.
* Better wireless network security if you purchase a combination broadband router/wireless access
point that supports WPA, which is more secure than using WEP.

A lot of folks like the Linksys WRT54G devices...

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=601

Reviews...

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
http://www.timhiggins.com/