Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I'm due to get my Maxtor drive tomorrow. I have a Asus A8N SLI (non deluxe
version) motherboard overclocked to 260FSB with a PATA drive.

I have heard some stories bout this board not overclocking well with SATA
drives? Can anyone confirm this?

Thankyou

Dan

"dan" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm due to get my Maxtor drive tomorrow. I have a Asus A8N SLI (non deluxe
> version) motherboard overclocked to 260FSB with a PATA drive.
>
> I have heard some stories bout this board not overclocking well with SATA
> drives? Can anyone confirm this?
>
> Thankyou
>
> Dan

Most, if not all ATA Sata drives are sensitive to Overclocking.
I suggest getting a HD cooler, you should be fine.

RavingRaichu. ;-) :) (Denny.)

Koop

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

Thus Spake RaichuRaichu on 3/29/2005 8:31 AM:
> Most, if not all ATA Sata drives are sensitive to Overclocking.
> I suggest getting a HD cooler, you should be fine.
>
> RavingRaichu. ;-) :) (Denny.)

You are high. If any problems exist they are with particular
manufacturers or models. Case in point: My Barton 2500+ overclocked to
2.2 GHz (11*200 MHz) with SATA WD Raptor 360's on an Asus A7N8X. Not
one problem ever.

"Koop" <3pam3uck3@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Thus Spake RaichuRaichu on 3/29/2005 8:31 AM:
> > Most, if not all ATA Sata drives are sensitive to Overclocking.
> > I suggest getting a HD cooler, you should be fine.
> >
> > RavingRaichu. ;-) :) (Denny.)
>
> You are high. If any problems exist they are with particular
> manufacturers or models. Case in point: My Barton 2500+ overclocked to
> 2.2 GHz (11*200 MHz) with SATA WD Raptor 360's on an Asus A7N8X. Not
> one problem ever.

Yeah I'm sure of that.
But it always helps to have a HD cooler of some kind anyway.
At best guess my SCSI drives on my P4 are around 100ºF
Very warm to the touch, there's no fans on them.
So I guess I should do something to cool them, even though most times
I don't have any problems.
My IDE & SATA drives which are on my Xeon Server,
get the same way if I don't have a fan cooling them.
As for WD, I've not had a WD in a long time.
Only mostly Maxtor's. I believe my SCSI drives are by IBM
Got em from an old P2 by HP.

Anywho, sorry to take so long to reply.
RavingRaichu. ;-)
:)