ASUS + AMD 2700+ Overclocking

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

i want to try increase my clock speed but not sure how and if possible
8 answers Last reply
More about asus 2700 overclocking
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:36:19 +0000, uroD wrote:

    > i want to try increase my clock speed but not sure how and if possible

    Multiplier x FSb = cpu clock speed.
    Defaults
    Tbred 13x166 = 2166MHz
    Barton 12x166 = 2000MHz

    Options? Depends on MB and cpu model.

    --
    Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
    My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    You may put the botton "turbo".

    Best regards.

    --


    Titus te aconseja q visites
    http://es.geocities.com/titus_guada
    y no olvides firmar en el libro de visitas, gracias.
    Nuestro grupo de debate es:
    http://groups.msn.com/MonitoresdeTiempoLibredelaSierradeMadrid/

    "?uroD" <user@your.net> escribió en el mensaje
    news:3o5l41taj2gfvmutkljfjlmgom4jhubomd@4ax.com...
    > i want to try increase my clock speed but not sure how and if possible
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Your 2700+ will most likely be a locked CPU.
    That means, that you can't change the
    Multiplicator.
    To overclock such a CPU you need to higher
    the FSB.
    Most chipsets calculate the frequencies for
    all the other components by dividing the FSB.
    Therefore by increasing the FSB you are
    most likely getting higher PCI, AGP and RAM
    clocks.

    Until you reach the next higher "official"
    frequencies like
    133 (266) - 166 (333) - 200 (400)

    First of all you would have to determine
    some of your central components.
    Which kind of RAM do you have, how fast can
    it go? PC2700 (333) or PC3200 (400)
    If you can't keep your Ram synchronous to
    your CPU you are loosing more performance
    than you gain.

    Simply post your configuration
    Chipset - CPU (which Core) - RAM

    If you start tweaking your FSB, start in small
    steps (5 MHz for the beginning)
    Always stress test CPU and RAM to determine
    if your system is still stable.
    Keep the temperatures under controle, especially
    if you have to increase the VCore.

    There are lots of good guides on overclocking
    --> google ;)

    Just take your time and make sure that you have
    backed up your system before. Sometimes an
    instable CPU or RAM can do some nasty stuff to
    the Windows Registry.
    I personally don't like the "I could boot to
    Windows without Bluescreen" test. It's much
    safer to use a BootCD with some decent stress
    tools.
    (Ultimate Boot CD)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    >
    >Simply post your configuration

    >

    ASUS A7V8X-MX SE
    AMD Athlon XP 2700+ CPU
    VIA KM400 chipset
    S3 Onboard Unichrome Video Card
    80gb UDMA 1st HDD
    Onboard Realtek AC97 Audio for Via Sound Card

    >Chipset - CPU (which Core) - RAM

    See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:11:59 GMT, €uroD <user@your.net> wrote:

    >
    >>
    >>Simply post your configuration
    >
    >>
    >
    >ASUS A7V8X-MX SE
    >AMD Athlon XP 2700+ CPU
    >VIA KM400 chipset
    >S3 Onboard Unichrome Video Card
    >80gb UDMA 1st HDD
    >Onboard Realtek AC97 Audio for Via Sound Card
    >
    >>Chipset - CPU (which Core) - RAM
    >
    >See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info

    correction motherboard: A7V8X-MX not A7V8X-MX SE as stated
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:23:08 GMT, €uroD <user@your.net> wrote:

    >On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:11:59 GMT, €uroD <user@your.net> wrote:

    >>>Simply post your configuration

    >>ASUS A7V8X-MX SE
    >>AMD Athlon XP 2700+ CPU
    >>VIA KM400 chipset
    >>S3 Onboard Unichrome Video Card
    >>80gb UDMA 1st HDD
    >>Onboard Realtek AC97 Audio for Via Sound Card

    >>>Chipset - CPU (which Core) - RAM

    >>See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info

    >correction motherboard: A7V8X-MX not A7V8X-MX SE as stated


    Further correction, do not post binaries here please. Respect the
    group.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:
    >> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:11:59 GMT, ?uroD <user@your.net> wrote:
    [...]
    >>> See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info
    [...]
    > Further correction, do not post binaries here please. Respect the
    > group.

    I was debating whether to mention this or not, but no binaries showed up. If
    I mentioned it, then there's a chance noone else would bother to mention it
    as well. So, I'd never find out whether my newsfeed was filtering out
    binaries or not. Thanks for confirming that it does :)

    --
    Michael Brown
    www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more :)
    Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz ---+--- My inbox is always open
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:36:00 +1000, "Michael Brown"
    <see@signature.below> wrote:

    >borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:11:59 GMT, ?uroD <user@your.net> wrote:
    >[...]
    >>>> See enclosed .BMP file for CPU info
    >[...]
    >> Further correction, do not post binaries here please. Respect the
    >> group.

    >I was debating whether to mention this or not, but no binaries showed up. If
    >I mentioned it, then there's a chance no one else would bother to mention it
    >as well. So, I'd never find out whether my newsfeed was filtering out
    >binaries or not. Thanks for confirming that it does :)

    Your feed is doing it's job Mike.
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Overclocking Asus Hardware