How change user name on Linksys Router and Range Extender?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 1, 2005 7:18:18 PM

Perhaps someone can assist.

I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products from
Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added security.

Thanks for any assistance.

Sincerely
Patty
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 3:25:57 AM

pattyjamas@hotmail.com wrote in

> Perhaps someone can assist.
>
> I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products
> from Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added
> security.

I doubt that you can. Neither of my Linksys routers has a username,
just a password. Your browser displays a standard dialog, not
specific to Linksys, that includes a username field. You can leave
that field blank to login to the router. If you want your browser to
remember the login details, you'll probably need to specify a dummy
username.
May 2, 2005 6:16:11 PM

There isn't a way to change user names. If you want to use automatic login
(which it sounds like you don't, but in case you decide you do) you may be
able to use root. Otherwise, just leave it blank. The dialog is just a
standard one that pops up.

"pattyjamas@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Perhaps someone can assist.
>
> I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products from
> Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added security.
>

> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Sincerely
> Patty

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 1:47:44 PM

Thanks. You are correct. I called Linksys. They said there is no way to
change this.

Thanks so much
Patty

!