How change user name on Linksys Router and Range Extender?

Perhaps someone can assist.

I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products from
Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added security.

Thanks for any assistance.

Sincerely
Patty
3 answers Last reply
More about change user linksys router range extender

    pattyjamas@hotmail.com wrote in

    > Perhaps someone can assist.
    >
    > I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products
    > from Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added
    > security.

    I doubt that you can. Neither of my Linksys routers has a username,
    just a password. Your browser displays a standard dialog, not
    specific to Linksys, that includes a username field. You can leave
    that field blank to login to the router. If you want your browser to
    remember the login details, you'll probably need to specify a dummy
    username.

    There isn't a way to change user names. If you want to use automatic login
    (which it sounds like you don't, but in case you decide you do) you may be
    able to use root. Otherwise, just leave it blank. The dialog is just a
    standard one that pops up.

    "pattyjamas@hotmail.com" wrote:

    > Perhaps someone can assist.
    >
    > I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products from
    > Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added security.
    >

    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Sincerely
    > Patty

    Thanks. You are correct. I called Linksys. They said there is no way to
    change this.

    Thanks so much
    Patty
    Kinell wrote:
    > pattyjamas@hotmail.com wrote in
    >
    > > Perhaps someone can assist.
    > >
    > > I can change the password for the wrt54gs and wre54g products
    > > from Linksys but do not know how to put in a User Name for added
    > > security.
    >
    > I doubt that you can. Neither of my Linksys routers has a username,
    > just a password. Your browser displays a standard dialog, not
    > specific to Linksys, that includes a username field. You can leave
    > that field blank to login to the router. If you want your browser to
    > remember the login details, you'll probably need to specify a dummy
    > username.

Routers Linksys Wireless Networking