Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Fan died on NF7 - Replace?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
April 4, 2005 6:40:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

The chipset fan on my Abit NF7 died a couple of weeks ago. I'm running a
mobile Barton 2500+ at 2.34ghz. How critical is this fan, and are negative
consequences likely if I do not replace it?
Thank you,

jake

More about : fan died nf7 replace

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 4, 2005 11:02:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

U¿ytkownik "Jake" <jake@yahoo.com> napisa³:

> The chipset fan on my Abit NF7 died a couple of weeks ago. I'm running a
> mobile Barton 2500+ at 2.34ghz. How critical is this fan, and are
> negative
> consequences likely if I do not replace it?

it's cruicial, don';t you have reboots all the time?

my MB didn';t boot up correctly with fsb at 200MHz and without the fan

i've got
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&cod...
and it is recommended by the users :) 

if u have water cooling system it is important to make the air inside the
case move a little bit so that this cooler won't get high temp, so instal
some slow-rotating fan

btw if u have zalman on CPU u will have to bend a little bit the blue
zalman, nothing difficult, nothing u should be affraid of. it really works !

btw 2 :)  remember the northbridge is concave so pul a LOT i mean A LOT of
thermal paste (write c.r.azy.john@nospam.wp.pl) removing the dots and nospam
if u have any difficulties :) 
my system with a little of thermal p. rebooted every few minutes and memtest
as long as prime got errors at 200MHz ;) 
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 10, 2005 12:36:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

mine stopped working, so had a look, and theres 2 tiny screws that, if you
undo them, allows you to pull out the fan, turn the fan over and put a
couple of drops of machine oil in the bearing.
This totally sorted out my fan and its running a treat again
HTH
Helinut
"Crazy John" <dont@likespam.pl> wrote in message
news:D 2rs7b$9dr$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
> U¿ytkownik "Jake" <jake@yahoo.com> napisa³:
>
>> The chipset fan on my Abit NF7 died a couple of weeks ago. I'm running a
>> mobile Barton 2500+ at 2.34ghz. How critical is this fan, and are
>> negative
>> consequences likely if I do not replace it?
>
> it's cruicial, don';t you have reboots all the time?
>
> my MB didn';t boot up correctly with fsb at 200MHz and without the fan
>
> i've got
> http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&cod...
> and it is recommended by the users :) 
>
> if u have water cooling system it is important to make the air inside the
> case move a little bit so that this cooler won't get high temp, so instal
> some slow-rotating fan
>
> btw if u have zalman on CPU u will have to bend a little bit the blue
> zalman, nothing difficult, nothing u should be affraid of. it really works
> !
>
> btw 2 :)  remember the northbridge is concave so pul a LOT i mean A LOT of
> thermal paste (write c.r.azy.john@nospam.wp.pl) removing the dots and
> nospam if u have any difficulties :) 
> my system with a little of thermal p. rebooted every few minutes and
> memtest as long as prime got errors at 200MHz ;) 
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 10, 2005 4:49:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

U¿ytkownik "Helinut" <helinutSPAMTRAP@ntlworld.com> napisa³:

> mine stopped working, so had a look, and theres 2 tiny screws that, if you
> undo them, allows you to pull out the fan, turn the fan over and put a
> couple of drops of machine oil in the bearing.
> This totally sorted out my fan and its running a treat again

so did mine
so did i
but after a month or two it stopped again so i bought zalman...

CJ
!