Fan died on NF7 - Replace?

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

The chipset fan on my Abit NF7 died a couple of weeks ago. I'm running a
mobile Barton 2500+ at 2.34ghz. How critical is this fan, and are negative
consequences likely if I do not replace it?
Thank you,

jake

U¿ytkownik "Jake" <jake@yahoo.com> napisa³:

> The chipset fan on my Abit NF7 died a couple of weeks ago. I'm running a
> mobile Barton 2500+ at 2.34ghz. How critical is this fan, and are
> negative
> consequences likely if I do not replace it?

it's cruicial, don';t you have reboots all the time?

my MB didn';t boot up correctly with fsb at 200MHz and without the fan

i've got
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&code=014
and it is recommended by the users :)

if u have water cooling system it is important to make the air inside the
case move a little bit so that this cooler won't get high temp, so instal
some slow-rotating fan

btw if u have zalman on CPU u will have to bend a little bit the blue
zalman, nothing difficult, nothing u should be affraid of. it really works !

btw 2 :) remember the northbridge is concave so pul a LOT i mean A LOT of
thermal paste (write c.r.azy.john@nospam.wp.pl) removing the dots and nospam
if u have any difficulties :)
my system with a little of thermal p. rebooted every few minutes and memtest
as long as prime got errors at 200MHz ;)

mine stopped working, so had a look, and theres 2 tiny screws that, if you
undo them, allows you to pull out the fan, turn the fan over and put a
couple of drops of machine oil in the bearing.
This totally sorted out my fan and its running a treat again
HTH
Helinut

U¿ytkownik "Helinut" <helinutSPAMTRAP@ntlworld.com> napisa³:

> mine stopped working, so had a look, and theres 2 tiny screws that, if you
> undo them, allows you to pull out the fan, turn the fan over and put a
> couple of drops of machine oil in the bearing.
> This totally sorted out my fan and its running a treat again

so did mine
so did i
but after a month or two it stopped again so i bought zalman...

CJ