Sharing PCs - one more network beginner

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 1, 2005 7:47:04 PM

I have two laptops that are connected to a wireless router. Internet
connection on both the machines is fine. Trying to network the two machines...
Not sure what network setup steps I followed, but right now, I can see both
the machines (comp1 & comp2) under "View workground computers" for both the
laptops. But I cannot access shared folder on comp2 from comp1. Any time I
click comp2, I get a "\\comp2\SharedDocs not accessible etc...network path
not found". This is not the case when I access comp1 from comp2. And I have
sharing allowed for all users, and on the network for both.

Is there anything I should try. Why is that I can access one from the other
and not the reverse. I am reading the earlier posts to see if I get some
answers, but would appreciate if something specific to my problem can be
suggested.

Thanks.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 8:27:02 PM

Well, the firewall from McAffee on my comp2 was blocking access. Once I added
my list of IPs from my router in access control (trusted IPs) I am all set.
Got the link from a previous posting...very useful

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

!