Sharing PCs - one more network beginner

I have two laptops that are connected to a wireless router. Internet
connection on both the machines is fine. Trying to network the two machines...
Not sure what network setup steps I followed, but right now, I can see both
the machines (comp1 & comp2) under "View workground computers" for both the
laptops. But I cannot access shared folder on comp2 from comp1. Any time I
click comp2, I get a "\\comp2\SharedDocs not accessible etc...network path
not found". This is not the case when I access comp1 from comp2. And I have
sharing allowed for all users, and on the network for both.

Is there anything I should try. Why is that I can access one from the other
and not the reverse. I am reading the earlier posts to see if I get some
answers, but would appreciate if something specific to my problem can be
suggested.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing network beginner

    Well, the firewall from McAffee on my comp2 was blocking access. Once I added
    my list of IPs from my router in access control (trusted IPs) I am all set.
    Got the link from a previous posting...very useful

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    "clueless on wireless" wrote:

    > I have two laptops that are connected to a wireless router. Internet
    > connection on both the machines is fine. Trying to network the two machines...
    > Not sure what network setup steps I followed, but right now, I can see both
    > the machines (comp1 & comp2) under "View workground computers" for both the
    > laptops. But I cannot access shared folder on comp2 from comp1. Any time I
    > click comp2, I get a "\\comp2\SharedDocs not accessible etc...network path
    > not found". This is not the case when I access comp1 from comp2. And I have
    > sharing allowed for all users, and on the network for both.
    >
    > Is there anything I should try. Why is that I can access one from the other
    > and not the reverse. I am reading the earlier posts to see if I get some
    > answers, but would appreciate if something specific to my problem can be
    > suggested.
    >
    > Thanks.

Wireless Networking