Huge Retro COllection on Ebay starting Jume 16

Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2005 11:55:27 PM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:24:27 GMT, SINNER
<arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:

>http://www.clelsplace.com/eli/
>
>Starting bid $199,000!

Number of bids at close of auction:

0!

Tim
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 2:00:13 AM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:55:27 -0400, Tim O wrote:

> On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:24:27 GMT, SINNER
> <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:
>
>>http://www.clelsplace.com/eli/
>>
>>Starting bid $199,000!
>
> Number of bids at close of auction:
>
> 0!
>
> Tim

Not surprised. Old software just isn't collectable. Zork 1 for CP/M? Big
deal, nobody wants it. Sure it's interesting from a historical perspective
but if the interest isn't there it's never going to sell. 20,000 pieces of
software for the Atari ST? Doorstops. The Amiga and C64 stuff may be worth
something since there are a lot of Amiga zealots about. Otherwise it's
like trying to shift 100,000 copies of Mario/Duck Hunt for the NES.

--
Neil
May 24, 2005 4:55:50 PM

* Dire Radiant wrote in alt.games.mame:
> On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:55:27 -0400, Tim O wrote:

>> On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:24:27 GMT, SINNER
>> <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:

>>>http://www.clelsplace.com/eli/

>>>Starting bid $199,000!

>> Number of bids at close of auction:

>> 0!

>> Tim

> Not surprised.

Dosent START until Jume 16.

> Old software just isn't collectable. Zork 1 for CP/M? Big
> deal, nobody wants it. Sure it's interesting from a historical perspective
> but if the interest isn't there it's never going to sell. 20,000 pieces of
> software for the Atari ST? Doorstops. The Amiga and C64 stuff may be worth
> something since there are a lot of Amiga zealots about. Otherwise it's
> like trying to shift 100,000 copies of Mario/Duck Hunt for the NES.

I bet it gets bids and someone takes it.

--
David
QOTD:

On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:55:50 GMT, SINNER
<99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

>* Dire Radiant wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:55:27 -0400, Tim O wrote:

>>> Number of bids at close of auction:
>
>>> 0!
>
>>> Tim
>
>> Not surprised.
>
>Dosent START until Jume 16.
>
>> Old software just isn't collectable. Zork 1 for CP/M? Big
>> deal, nobody wants it. Sure it's interesting from a historical perspective
>> but if the interest isn't there it's never going to sell. 20,000 pieces of
>> software for the Atari ST? Doorstops. The Amiga and C64 stuff may be worth
>> something since there are a lot of Amiga zealots about. Otherwise it's
>> like trying to shift 100,000 copies of Mario/Duck Hunt for the NES.
>
>I bet it gets bids and someone takes it.

I don't think its going to get even 1/3rd of that starting auction
price. If that stuff was worth so much money, and he knew what he had,
he'd break it down and sell it. This auction smells.
!