Can you flash the BIOS of a prebuilt?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
April 11, 2005 9:13:16 PM

Just came across some Compaq mobos that I'd like to use for some builds.
Can I flash the Compaq bios out (I'd like to at least get rid of the Compaq
startup screen), or otherwise flash the bios to something that might provide
some additional parameters?

jake

More about : flash bios prebuilt

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
April 11, 2005 9:13:17 PM

"Jake" <jake@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just came across some Compaq mobos that I'd like to use for some builds.
> Can I flash the Compaq bios out (I'd like to at least get rid of the
> Compaq
> startup screen), or otherwise flash the bios to something that might
> provide
> some additional parameters?

Find out what MOBO it is, and replace it with a generic BIOS.

If it is some compaq proprietary thing, they may not allow flashing, or
there may be only one bios option.

--
LTP

"A cat, having jumped up on a hot stove, will never jump up on a hot stove
again. But then it won't jump up on a cold stove either." - Mark Twain
!