Can you flash the BIOS of a prebuilt?

Just came across some Compaq mobos that I'd like to use for some builds.
Can I flash the Compaq bios out (I'd like to at least get rid of the Compaq
startup screen), or otherwise flash the bios to something that might provide
some additional parameters?

jake
1 answer Last reply
More about flash bios prebuilt

    "Jake" <jake@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Just came across some Compaq mobos that I'd like to use for some builds.
    > Can I flash the Compaq bios out (I'd like to at least get rid of the
    > Compaq
    > startup screen), or otherwise flash the bios to something that might
    > provide
    > some additional parameters?

    Find out what MOBO it is, and replace it with a generic BIOS.

    If it is some compaq proprietary thing, they may not allow flashing, or
    there may be only one bios option.

    --
    LTP

    "A cat, having jumped up on a hot stove, will never jump up on a hot stove
    again. But then it won't jump up on a cold stove either." - Mark Twain

AMD BIOS Flash Prebuilt Systems Overclocking