Overclocking Sempron 2400 with KT600 chipset

Hello everyone

This is my present system:
Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394
Sempron 2400 Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 2 rev2 heat sink
Kingston Value pc3200 512Mb
Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 Tower

Seasonic 350W psu
+3.3V-28A
+5V -30A
+12V -17A

I bought the system with the idea of running the cpu at a clock speed
of up to 200MHz (400fsb).
At the moment its set as a Sempron 2500 (clock 175 MHz) with no other
changes in the bios.
The cpu temperature is in the high 30s at idle.
The vcore is unchanged at 1.62V.
The memory is still at "auto".

Thanks to the Gigabyte forum I found out about removing the thermal
tape on the chipset heatsink and adding some silicone in its place.
Thanks again k.

My XP pro operating system seems to be working with no problems.

I would like to download a program which monitors temperatures.

If anyone has a similar setup I would like to know what their vcore is
set at
when the cpu clock is set at 200MHz.
Are their any special steps to take when changing the vcore?

Many Thanks

--
Stephen Bowden

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:46:56 +0100, Stephen Bowden wrote:

> I bought the system with the idea of running the cpu at a clock speed
> of up to 200MHz (400fsb).
> At the moment its set as a Sempron 2500 (clock 175 MHz) with no other
> changes in the bios.

So set it to 200MHz.

> I would like to download a program which monitors temperatures.

What's holding you back? BTW, if the low 30's you quoted at idle was from
the bios reading, it will be lower when running the OS idle as the bios
does load the cpu. So it's probably running mid to lower 30's after OS
boot. Search for MBM.

> If anyone has a similar setup I would like to know what their vcore is
> set at when the cpu clock is set at 200MHz.

Well, let's see. My old Athlon XP 2100+ would do 2166MHz (13x166) at the
default 1.60v. And it took 1.80v to get to 2400MHz. Unless you've got a
really weak chip, you shouldn't need to raise vcore past 1.65v for
10x200. And more than likely you won't have to raise it all from the
current 1.60v setting.