My ram will no longer boot in dual mode

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Hi all,

something strange has happened with my system.....

My ram will no longer boot in dual mode - have checked ram and its fine -
windows and cpu-z see the 2 x 512mb in dual slots but saus its in single
mode.

I have had the cpu tested and have been told the same happened with the test
system!!!!
Now my system boots but I get a blank screen up until windows start up - no
boot sequence is visible.

my system

a64 4000
msi k8n diamond sli
2 x 6800 ultras pci-e
2 x 512 corsair 3200 xl twinx
or 2 x 512 g.skill 4400 dual set
win xp pro
not overclocked - default settings
the tester said it looks to be the memory controller on the cpu die - never
seen this problem before. It all started with kernal errors and has got
worse and worse.

any ideas?

ohboy! <sacrum@clara.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> something strange has happened with my system.....
>
> My ram will no longer boot in dual mode - have checked ram and its
> fine - windows and cpu-z see the 2 x 512mb in dual slots but saus its
> in single mode.
>
> I have had the cpu tested and have been told the same happened with
> the test system!!!!
> Now my system boots but I get a blank screen up until windows start
> up - no boot sequence is visible.
>
> my system
>
> a64 4000
> msi k8n diamond sli
> 2 x 6800 ultras pci-e
> 2 x 512 corsair 3200 xl twinx
> or 2 x 512 g.skill 4400 dual set
> win xp pro
> not overclocked - default settings
> the tester said it looks to be the memory controller on the cpu die -
> never seen this problem before. It all started with kernal errors
> and has got worse and worse.
>
> any ideas?

Not much you can do except contact the vendor or AMD for a replacement
processor.

fred

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Go browse http://forum.msi.com.tw . Your problem is very basic, and you will
find a solution.

Fr.