Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

where can I dl mame roms? better updated

Tags:
  • Download
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 24, 2005 6:01:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks

More about : mame roms updated

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 3:54:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

.... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
forward and saw...
>
>where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>
http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....
--
"Is my timing that flawed? Our respect run so dry?
Yet there's still this appeal that we've kept through our lives."
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 7:25:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

'Dungeon' Dave <mame@nospam.localhost> wrote in a cheese induced coma
news:i5mWOfE6C7kCFwkV@kryten.tombstones.org.uk:

> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
> forward and saw...
>>
>>where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>>
> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....

That link will put us burners out of business. :) 

--
Bustin' Naughty Folks since 1983

http://home.columbus.rr.com/supermappy/

MAME: Forever Young!
Related resources
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:23:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

'Dungeon' Dave wrote:
> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
> forward and saw...
>>
>> where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>>
> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....

Straight to the source: http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman is where the
link should take you.

The page I mentioned has screenshots of the games and other great things.
When you click the rom's name, you download the rom from mame.slor.net,
where you can go directly at http://mame.slor.net to see just the rom name
and game title, and click to download. Minus the screenshots, but minus the
few occasional broken links and much faster loading, because of the
screenshot thing. So if you know what the game looks like, go to
mame.slor.net; otherwise to to tombstones.org.uk/~ankman, because that's
mame.slor.net with a new front-end complete with screenshots.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 5:19:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:
>
> 'Dungeon' Dave wrote:
>> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
>> forward and saw...
>>>
>>> where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>>>
>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....
>
> Straight to the source: http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman is where the
> link should take you.

There you just see an ugly picture of me. ;-)

Anyway, he should contact a burner. How to do this can also be found at
<http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
Old school arcade classics at http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
Linux without installation? http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader http://xnews.newsguy.com/
Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 9:05:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> 'Dungeon' Dave wrote:
>> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
>> forward and saw...
>>> where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....
> Straight to the source: http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman is where the
> link should take you.

But Ankman only has classics, not all ROMs.
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 10:02:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Hellmark wrote on 25. May 2005:
>
> AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> 'Dungeon' Dave wrote:
>>> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
>>> forward and saw...
>>>> where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....
>> Straight to the source: http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman is where the
>> link should take you.
>
> But Ankman only has classics, not all ROMs.

Well Slor has them, I'm only allowed to share them. :-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
Old school arcade classics at http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
Linux without installation? http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader http://xnews.newsguy.com/
Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/
May 25, 2005 11:47:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

"Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:o nly_broken_newsreaders_show_this_in_the_body.m2wtpnrzof.fsf@usenet.ankman.de...
> AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:
>>
>> 'Dungeon' Dave wrote:
>>> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
>>> forward and saw...
>>>>
>>>> where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>>>>
>>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....
>>
>> Straight to the source: http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman is where the
>> link should take you.
>
> There you just see an ugly picture of me. ;-)
>
> Anyway, he should contact a burner. How to do this can also be found at
> <http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;.


Who is a burner? what does he do?
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 11:47:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:47:27 +0200, "Marco" <delarge@tiscalinet.it>
wrote:


>Who is a burner? what does he do?

See: http://www.lazarus.org.uk/

Click the "Burning Section" (after reading the stuff before it) at the
bottom to learn the whole thing.

HTH!


--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:17:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Hellmark wrote:
> AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> 'Dungeon' Dave wrote:
>>> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
>>> forward and saw...
>>>> where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....
>> Straight to the source: http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman is
>> where the link should take you.
>
> But Ankman only has classics, not all ROMs.

Ohhh...I wansn't thinking. All I'm interested in is the classics, so maybe
that's why I was thinking that way.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:48:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:19:28 -0400, Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

> AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:
>>
>> 'Dungeon' Dave wrote:
>>> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
>>> forward and saw...
>>>>
>>>> where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>>>>
>>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....
>>
>> Straight to the source: http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman is where the
>> link should take you.
>
> There you just see an ugly picture of me. ;-)
>
> Anyway, he should contact a burner. How to do this can also be found at
> <http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;.

You know Andreas you can only look at so many pictures of yourself and
think "That's a bad picture of me" before you come to the realisation that
you're just a goofy looking bugger. Believe me, I know!

--
Neil
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:38:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

AnonyMouse wrote on 26. May 2005:
>
> Dire Radiant wrote:
>> On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:19:28 -0400, Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>>
>>> AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:
>>>>
>>> Anyway, he should contact a burner. How to do this can also be found
>>> at <http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;.
>>
>> You know Andreas you can only look at so many pictures of yourself and
>> think "That's a bad picture of me" before you come to the realisation
>> that you're just a goofy looking bugger. Believe me, I know!

Yeah, but you don't know the pics I took in Montreal yet. ;-)

> But every time I go there I find a classic roms page, not a single picture
> of Andreas.

That's good. Some monitors are sensitive of pictures and might explode,
showing my pics.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
Old school arcade classics at http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
Linux without installation? http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader http://xnews.newsguy.com/
Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:47:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Dire Radiant wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:19:28 -0400, Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>
>> AnonyMouse wrote on 25. May 2005:
>>>
>>> 'Dungeon' Dave wrote:
>>>> ... after inserting a credit, Marco <delarge@tiscalinet.it> leaned
>>>> forward and saw...
>>>>>
>>>>> where can I download mame roms? better if updated. thanks
>>>>>
>>>> http://www.tombstones.org.uk/ has a link on the right....
>>>
>>> Straight to the source: http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman is
>>> where the link should take you.
>>
>> There you just see an ugly picture of me. ;-)
>>
>> Anyway, he should contact a burner. How to do this can also be found
>> at <http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;.
>
> You know Andreas you can only look at so many pictures of yourself and
> think "That's a bad picture of me" before you come to the realisation
> that you're just a goofy looking bugger. Believe me, I know!

But every time I go there I find a classic roms page, not a single picture
of Andreas.
May 26, 2005 9:04:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

* AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:

>>> Anyway, he should contact a burner. How to do this can also be
>>> found at <http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;.
>>
>> You know Andreas you can only look at so many pictures of
>> yourself and think "That's a bad picture of me" before you come
>> to the realisation that you're just a goofy looking bugger.
>> Believe me, I know!
>
> But every time I go there I find a classic roms page, not a single
> picture of Andreas.

<http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;

I am reasonably hopeful you can handle it from here, am I being to
optimisitic?

--
David
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

Rutger6559 wrote on 26. May 2005:
>
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:04:20 GMT, SINNER
> <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:
>
>>* AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>
>
> <snip>
>
>>> But every time I go there I find a classic roms page, not a single
>>> picture of Andreas.
>>
>><http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;
>>
>>I am reasonably hopeful you can handle it from here, am I being to
>>optimisitic?
>
> I just had a look, and it seems that Ankman's profile could do with a
> bit of updating. Just my humble opinion, though.

Yep. But it's on dave to make some free time.

@Dave; I can mail you a more up to date picture (from summer 2003, as it
might not be a good idea to add the 2005 pic from here ;-), and system
specs.

F'up poster.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
Old school arcade classics at http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
Linux without installation? http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader http://xnews.newsguy.com/
Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:31:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:04:20 GMT, SINNER
<arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:

>* AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>

<snip>

>> But every time I go there I find a classic roms page, not a single
>> picture of Andreas.
>
><http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;
>
>I am reasonably hopeful you can handle it from here, am I being to
>optimisitic?

I just had a look, and it seems that Ankman's profile could do with a
bit of updating. Just my humble opinion, though.


--
Rick

I'd like to say "Thank you" on behalf of the group
and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition!
(John Lennon)
May 27, 2005 1:03:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER wrote:
> * AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>
>>>>Anyway, he should contact a burner. How to do this can also be
>>>>found at <http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;.
>>>
>>>You know Andreas you can only look at so many pictures of
>>>yourself and think "That's a bad picture of me" before you come
>>>to the realisation that you're just a goofy looking bugger.
>>>Believe me, I know!
>>
>>But every time I go there I find a classic roms page, not a single
>>picture of Andreas.
>
>
> <http://www.tombstones.org.uk/&gt;
>
> I am reasonably hopeful you can handle it from here, am I being to
> optimisitic?
>

Perhaps his browser isnt compatable with the web based interface :-P

--
MCR
MAME(TM) - History In The Making...
documentation, decryping, developing and playing games!
!