another upgrade 2x dual core + sli?

has anyone seen any motherboards that support two dual core cpus and sli ?

this is for a system i am dreaming off --

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we.html

--
Derek

-=-=-©z--=-=- wrote:

" has anyone seen any motherboards that support two dual core cpus and
sli ? "

There are dual-940 motherboards with SLI that will support two dual-core
Opterons. However, I doubt that they would beat a single dual-core 939
setup with SLI in any gaming benchmarks.

Abit WN-2S+ http://tinyurl.com/daob6
iWill DK8ES http://tinyurl.com/anbaa
Tyan Thunder K8WE http://tinyurl.com/5lmyk

"Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> "-=-=-©z--=-=-" <cromezulu@videotron.ca> wrote in message
>> has anyone seen any motherboards that support two dual core cpus and sli
>> ?
>>
>> this is for a system i am dreaming off --
>

> http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we.html

Here's the pricing for the BASIC model
http://www.pricewatch.com/h/prc.aspx?i=2&a=200125

--
Derek

> "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "-=-=-©z--=-=-" <cromezulu@videotron.ca> wrote in message
>>> has anyone seen any motherboards that support two dual core cpus and sli
>>> ?
>>>
>>> this is for a system i am dreaming off --
>>

>> http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we.html
>>

> Here's the pricing for the BASIC model
> http://www.pricewatch.com/h/prc.aspx?i=2&a=200125

Sorry about the US prices, only just seen the .ca in your address.

--
Derek

Cuzman wrote:
> There are dual-940 motherboards with SLI that will support two dual-core
> Opterons. However, I doubt that they would beat a single dual-core 939
> setup with SLI in any gaming benchmarks.

i doubt your doubts ;) mainly because the previously mentioned Tyan K8WE
is the only board to run each slot of PCIe graphics at full speed (X16).
whereas single cpu mobos actually half the SLI speed to 8X each slot,
they only have one PCIe nForce controller chip.

dunno if that would make a large difference... except at 1600 x 1200
maybe...

"gimp" <anonymous@smeg.com> wrote in message
> Cuzman wrote:
>> There are dual-940 motherboards with SLI that will support two dual-core
>> Opterons. However, I doubt that they would beat a single dual-core 939
>> setup with SLI in any gaming benchmarks.
>
> i doubt your doubts ;) mainly because the previously mentioned Tyan K8WE
> is the only board to run each slot of PCIe graphics at full speed (X16).
> whereas single cpu mobos actually half the SLI speed to 8X each slot, they
> only have one PCIe nForce controller chip.
>
> dunno if that would make a large difference... except at 1600 x 1200
> maybe...

Given even AGP 8x isn't stressed, 2x16 PCIE isn't going to make any
difference vs 2x8.

--
Derek