Overclocking Sempron 2400 with KT600 chipset

Stephen Bowden Wrote:
> I found prime95 and ran it all night with CPUCool monitoring temps.
> Temps remained stable and the torture test was continuing this
> morning.
>
> Temp 1- 42C
> Temp 2- 32C
> Temp 3- 47C
> No change in vcore. So still looking goood at 183MHz.
System becomes unstable at 186MHz (Vcore unchanged at 1.63). Am at
present running prime95 again at 185MHz. Temp3 now at 48C.

--
Stephen Bowden

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:09:47 +0100, Stephen Bowden wrote:

>> I found prime95 and ran it all night with CPUCool monitoring temps.
>> Temps remained stable and the torture test was continuing this
>> morning.
>>
>> Temp 1- 42C
>> Temp 2- 32C
>> Temp 3- 47C
>> No change in vcore. So still looking goood at 183MHz.
> System becomes unstable at 186MHz (Vcore unchanged at 1.63). Am at
> present running prime95 again at 185MHz. Temp3 now at 48C.

The KT600 doesn't support a pci lock so trying to set the FSB speed too
far outside the 33MHz boundries will cause problems even if the cpu is
more than capable of running that speed. At 186MHz FSB, your PCI clock is
over 37MHz which puts the AGP bus close to 75MHz. Normal speds are
33/66MHz. Since 15x185 is almost 2800MHz I'll assume you've lowered the
multiplier. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish but I'd either raise
the FSB to 200 and lower multiplier, or go back to 166MHz and adjust
multiplier accordingly, depending on what ram you have and how you have
it set. You're probably going to top out somewhere around 2400MHz even by
raising vcore.