Newbie to Overclocking

Tesla

Hi,

I have a 939 3000+ AMD chip - how do you keep the processor warm enough
to be able to overclock?

Tes

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

"Tesla" <tesla@tscore.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 939 3000+ AMD chip - how do you keep the processor warm enough to
> be able to overclock?

First thing, you wantthe processor as Cool as possible to be able to
overclock it, not warm.

Tesla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 939 3000+ AMD chip - how do you keep the processor warm enough
> to be able to overclock?
>
> Tes

hair dryer

"High" <789@123.456> wrote in message news:5Nrbe.229$cA2.9@news02.roc.ny...
> Tesla wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a 939 3000+ AMD chip - how do you keep the processor warm enough
>> to be able to overclock?
>>
>> Tes
>
> hair dryer

ROFL

--
LTP

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Wrap, it in a little sweater. But seriously,you need to know thr right
questions to ask before you start playing with overclocking.

dawg Wrote:
> Wrap, it in a little sweater. But seriously,you need to know thr right
> questions to ask before you start playing with overclocking.
>

> "Tesla" tesla@tscore.com wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 939 3000+ AMD chip - how do you keep the processor warm
> enough
> to be able to overclock?
>
> Tes-
I'll assume you meant to say "cool" instead of "warm".

To keep a processor cool you need an efficient heatsink with a good
contact (using thermal paste) with the processor core.
You need to give plenty of space in the box for good ventilation using
fans.
The room temperature is important as well. If you live in a hot climate
then ventilation becomes crucial.
What temperature does the bios give? If the cpu temperature is in the
30s
then you already have efficient cooling. If it is around 50C then you
could have problems.

--
Stephen Bowden

Tesla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 939 3000+ AMD chip - how do you keep the processor warm
> enough to be able to overclock?

First go into the BIOS and set your v-core to its maximum - (2.0 v or more)
and save.
Then turn off your system and remove the heatsink from the processor.
Reboot your system and bingo ! - it should get nice and warm.

"Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Tesla wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a 939 3000+ AMD chip - how do you keep the processor warm
>> enough to be able to overclock?
>
> First go into the BIOS and set your v-core to its maximum - (2.0 v or
> more) and save.
> Then turn off your system and remove the heatsink from the processor.
> Reboot your system and bingo ! - it should get nice and warm.

Stop stop stop! Poof, damage.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Forum User Wrote:
> Tesla wrote:-
> Hi,
>
> I have a 939 3000+ AMD chip - how do you keep the processor warm
> enough to be able to overclock?-
>
> First go into the BIOS and set your v-core to its maximum - (2.0 v or
> more)
> and save.
> Then turn off your system and remove the heatsink from the processor.
> Reboot your system and bingo ! - it should get nice and warm.
>
> -
>
> Tes-

No doubt you're fluent in Tesla's native language.

--
Stephen Bowden