Backup CF Compact Flash Card

July 28, 2004 11:37:43 PM

I had a E755 Toshiba Pocket PC that went bad that I
brought from Toshiba. The problem was it would not
connect to the internet. They sent me a new one and they
told me I could use my old PC to backup my files on the
CF card because my computer was down at the time. I did
so. But what happen was I tried to restore the data from
the card and it gave me an erroe message saying the "OS
sytem is different". The Toshiba rep did not know why
that would happen except that the old E755 PC had windows
2002 and the new one has 2003. Do you have any
suggestions to how I can get the data form the CF card on
to my New E755.
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 2:51:58 AM

Unless the restore allows you to do a selective restore of data, it will not
allow you to overwrite the new OS files with the older ones on your CF card.
I may be wrong but I do not think there is a selective restore for a system
backup on Windows Mobile.

Rick

!