A8V Bios version

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hello, All!

I currently have 1009 version bios installed on my Asus A8V Deluxe m/b and
frankly, it doesn't seem to have any problems. I was wondering if others
here have found flashing up to version 1011 to be worth changing or is it
less stable?

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

if you`ve got no problems, leave well alone, `cos you could perhaps create
some..best wishes..J

"Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All!
>
> I currently have 1009 version bios installed on my Asus A8V Deluxe m/b and
> frankly, it doesn't seem to have any problems. I was wondering if others
> here have found flashing up to version 1011 to be worth changing or is it
> less stable?
>
> Thanks,
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

1011 seems to lack the ability to disable the 2T memory command. (The switch
is in the BIOS setup, but it doesn't appear to do anything.) That may
enforce a more stable system, with poorer memory performance.

I'll probably stay with 1009 for a while, unless I acquire an E suffix CPU.

Bob Knowlden

> Hello, All!
>
> I currently have 1009 version bios installed on my Asus A8V Deluxe m/b and
> frankly, it doesn't seem to have any problems. I was wondering if others
> here have found flashing up to version 1011 to be worth changing or is it
> less stable?
>
> Thanks,
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hello, Bob!
You wrote on Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:24:33 -0400:

I think I will too.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

BK> 1011 seems to lack the ability to disable the 2T memory command. (The
BK> switch is in the BIOS setup, but it doesn't appear to do anything.)
BK> That may enforce a more stable system, with poorer memory performance.

BK> I'll probably stay with 1009 for a while, unless I acquire an E suffix
BK> CPU.

BK> Bob Knowlden

BK> Address may be scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

BK> "Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in
BK> message news:42721b6b$1_1@127.0.0.1...
??>> Hello, All!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I found out that with the 1011 bios my computer sometimes locked up during
boot. I did flash back to 1009 and haven't notice the problem any more.

> Hello, All!
>
> I currently have 1009 version bios installed on my Asus A8V Deluxe m/b and
> frankly, it doesn't seem to have any problems. I was wondering if others
> here have found flashing up to version 1011 to be worth changing or is it
> less stable?
>
> Thanks,
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

What happened to 1010 ver. It had a beta at one time. Why did it go
from 1009 to 1011

--
ASUS A8V/Athlon 64 FX-55
ATI RADEON X800XT PE