Windows 7 file sharing HELP

JDogg

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Hi guys, I have 3 windows 7 computers and one windows xp machine that acts as our media server (With over 9 tb's of data). Me and my brother (Windows 7) can connect to the xp machine no problems, doesn't ask for a password or anything just does it, but I can't connect to my brothers and he can't connect to mine. So my question is, how can I share EVERYTHING with NO passwords or anything like that, I just want everything to be shared so everyone on my network can get to it, I just can't figure it out.

alacrity_nz

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

I am so frustrated - I have a similar environment and I don't want microsoft to protect me from myself or viruses I just want to share everything between all computers.

A google search reveals lots of people asking the same thing and no answers except people advising that to do that would be dangerous for virus spreading reasons. Well hey, if I get a virus/trojan on one machine, then I don't care that it's on all, since I just have to rinse and repeat separately.

I have come close to making all share by taking ownership of all folders in W7 machines, in a rather brute force way, but then various apps expect to see "system" as the owner of installation folders and fail in some nasty ways - Windows update also ends up having problems.

Has anyone found an elegant way of sharing everything?

Thanks

Alan

sodacycle

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Right Click the folder to be shared, >>
Share With, >>
Specific People, >>
Add 'Everyone' to the list.
Done.

You can change their permission level there as well. With Read Only, or Read/Write, which is effectively full permission.