sempron 2400+ overclocking with via vt8378a chipset

I would like to overclock my pc, I have a rough idea of what is
involved but it is always good to ask someone who has already done
it.

Here is a print of cpu-z report

Name AMD Sempron
Code Name Thoroughbred
Specification AMD Sempron(tm) 2400+
Family / Model / Stepping 6 8 1
Extended Family / Model 7 8
Package Socket A
Core Stepping B0
Technology 0.13 µ
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended
3DNow!, SSE
CPU Clock Speed 1650.1 MHz
Clock multiplier x 10.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 165.0 MHz
Bus Speed 330.0 MHz
L1 Data Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line
size
L2 Cache 256 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 1650.1 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 64 bits
Mainboard and chipset
Motherboard manufacturer
Motherboard model ,
BIOS vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS revision 6.00 PG
BIOS release date 09/17/2004
Chipset VIA KM400 rev. 0
Southbridge VIA VT8237 rev. 0
Sensor chip IT 8712
Memory
DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM
DRAM Size 512 MBytes
DRAM Frequency 165.0 MHz
FSB:DRAM 1:1
DRAM Interleave 4-way
CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks
RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge 2 clocks
Cycle Time (TRAS) 6 clocks
# of memory modules 2
Module 0 DDR-SDRAM PC2100 - 256 MBytes
Module 1 DDR-SDRAM PC2100 - 256 MBytes

Any advice willingly accepted
http://img126.exs.cx/img126/997/36_1_11.gif
thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about sempron 2400 overclocking vt8378a chipset

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:28:59 +0000, soddit wrote:

    > I would like to overclock my pc, I have a rough idea of what is
    > involved but it is always good to ask someone who has already done
    > it.

    CPU clock speed is the result of the Multiplier x FSB clock. Your
    multiplier is locked at 10x so all you can do is raise FSB clock. Now
    since the Sempron starts out a 166MHz default that doesn't leave much room
    to overclcock. Now if your MB supports a 200MHz FSB, you can get 2000MHz
    out of the Sempron 2400+ buy using that, This will basically give you an
    Athlon XP 2400+. You'll be hard pressed to get much more than that, If you
    can even get that with your MB. Don't think your board supports a 200MHz
    FSB. Don't know who recommneded the Socket A Sempron to you, but they
    didn't do you any favors. See Sempron in link below.

AMD Overclocking Sempron