Wireless Network Disconnecting

I got a Belkin Wireless Network Card, installed it in to the computer. Then,
I installed the Belkin Software to configure the Wireless Connection. The
signal strength is excellent, but after about five minutes of being connected
it disconnects about every minute. It always reconnects right away, but I'm
trying to figure out why it keeps disconnecting. I tried uninstalling the
Belkin program and just letting Windows XP configure the network connection,
but that didn't help.
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless network disconnecting

    Make sure Windows WZC "authentication" is turned off.

    Harvey

    musicman0703 wrote:

    > I got a Belkin Wireless Network Card, installed it in to the computer. Then,
    > I installed the Belkin Software to configure the Wireless Connection. The
    > signal strength is excellent, but after about five minutes of being connected
    > it disconnects about every minute. It always reconnects right away, but I'm
    > trying to figure out why it keeps disconnecting. I tried uninstalling the
    > Belkin program and just letting Windows XP configure the network connection,
    > but that didn't help.

    I have had issues with wireless security causing disconnect problems. You
    could try turning off all wireless security to see if that makes a
    difference.

    --
    Regards,
    Curtis, MCSA

    Landis Computer

    "musicman0703" <musicman0703@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I got a Belkin Wireless Network Card, installed it in to the computer.
    >Then,
    > I installed the Belkin Software to configure the Wireless Connection. The
    > signal strength is excellent, but after about five minutes of being
    > connected
    > it disconnects about every minute. It always reconnects right away, but
    > I'm
    > trying to figure out why it keeps disconnecting. I tried uninstalling the
    > Belkin program and just letting Windows XP configure the network
    > connection,
    > but that didn't help.

    If this is a home network it is likely that 802.1x authentication is enabled
    and is failing then disconnecting after 5 minutes. The check box for this
    setting can be found on the authentication tab for the wireless network
    connection. This check box should be unchecked if you do not have an
    infrastructure to support 802.1x authentication.

    newsgroup purposes only.
    "musicman0703" <musicman0703@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I got a Belkin Wireless Network Card, installed it in to the computer.
    >Then,
    > I installed the Belkin Software to configure the Wireless Connection. The
    > signal strength is excellent, but after about five minutes of being
    > connected
    > it disconnects about every minute. It always reconnects right away, but
    > I'm
    > trying to figure out why it keeps disconnecting. I tried uninstalling the
    > Belkin program and just letting Windows XP configure the network
    > connection,
    > but that didn't help.

Wireless Network Belkin Wireless Networking