oc'ing amd athlon 2500 barton

if you have a locked barton will it go over stock speeds without crashing.

I have tried some settings but to no avail trying to get 3200 speeds?

Any suggestions

On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:25:56 +0000, Fenny wrote:

> if you have a locked barton will it go over stock speeds without crashing.
>
> I have tried some settings but to no avail trying to get 3200 speeds?
>
> Any suggestions

Most will do 2200MHz (Athlon XP 3200+) although many have had to raise
vcore to get there. You need a board that supports a 200MHz FSB.

I do have a mobo that supports 200fsb and i have up'ed the vcore but
nothing...just crashes...that's why i ask will the 'locked' chip go over
stock...

On Thu, 05 May 2005 19:29:36 +0000, Fenny wrote:

> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:25:56 +0000, Fenny wrote:
>>
>>> if you have a locked barton will it go over stock speeds without
>>> crashing.
>>> I have tried some settings but to no avail trying to get 3200 speeds?
>>
>> Most will do 2200MHz (Athlon XP 3200+) although many have had to raise
>> vcore to get there. You need a board that supports a 200MHz FSB.
>>
> I do have a mobo that supports 200fsb and i have up'ed the vcore but
> nothing...just crashes...that's why i ask will the 'locked' chip go over
> stock...

When you raise the FSB it also usually raises the ram bus speed. So you
need to make sure that you're not trying to run your ram at 200MHz with
low latency 166MHz settings. IOW's, you need to know what you are doing.

You need to try a couple more things. 1)Raise the Vdimm(ram voltage).2.9v
is about the limit Id try unless you have some of the new low latency DDR
that specifically runs at high voltage and a mobo that supports higher
Vdimm.
2)Lower the memory timings. Start with CAS to 2.5 or 3 and the orher
timings can be loosened some too. Most ram timings can be changed in
increments of 1(one).Experiment.
Also,do a little googling on overclocking. There's very few systems that
won't overck at least ten percent or better.

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> You need to try a couple more things. 1)Raise the Vdimm(ram voltage).2.9v
> is about the limit Id try unless you have some of the new low latency DDR
> that specifically runs at high voltage and a mobo that supports higher
> Vdimm.
> 2)Lower the memory timings. Start with CAS to 2.5 or 3 and the orher
> timings can be loosened some too. Most ram timings can be changed in
> increments of 1(one).Experiment.
> Also,do a little googling on overclocking. There's very few systems that
> won't overck at least ten percent or better.
>
> "Fenny" <fenny@nl.rogers.com> wrote in message
>> I do have a mobo that supports 200fsb and i have up'ed the vcore but
>> nothing...just crashes...that's why i ask will the 'locked' chip go over
>> stock...
>>

>> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message

>> > Most will do 2200MHz (Athlon XP 3200+) although many have had to raise
>> > vcore to get there. You need a board that supports a 200MHz FSB.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
>> > My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
>> > Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

Also, don't forget to lock the AGP at 66 Mhz.

Pete