Newegg and Extended Warranties

Spontz

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I'm working on putting together a new computer, and I need to find a good place from which to buy the various bits. I've read both good and not-so-good reviews of Newegg... what's the general consensus? Also, are the extended warranties they offer worth purchasing?

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
newegg is great overall.

I have made MANY purchases from them and not once got a defective component. They also ship FAST. Never bother with their expidited packing because it will make no real difference in delivery time unless you are shipping same day.

I have heard some disgruntled things about their RMA policy but never anything really concrete, just someone heard from someone else that they give you a runaround. Since I have never had to return a part I got from them I can't provide a critique of this firsthand.

Generally what I will do is check newegg's prices, then go to www.pricewatch.com and compare. I will never buy from a pricewatch vendor that has a rating lower than 3.5 stars and I don't feel really comfortable with it unless they have at least 4. If Newegg is within $10 of the best deal from a reputable vendor on Pricewatch, I go with Newegg.

Good luck and happy hunting.

TRENDING THREADS