actual per copy cost phaser 7750 & hp 9500

can some one please help me with the actual cost of per copy on phaser
7750 or hp 9500 with 80% coverage. The data provided by the brochures
is only for 5% and not under practical use.

also let me know what should be the final purchase cost in indian
rupees incl. taxes, octroi, etc.

please help me deceide. you may answere any one or both.
3 answers Last reply
More about actual copy cost phaser 7750 9500

    In article <7a503b0.0408021003.645b1fb9@posting.google.com>,
    decipher@sify.com (saad) wrote:

    > can some one please help me with the actual cost of per copy on phaser
    > 7750 or hp 9500 with 80% coverage.

    Is that 80% out of 400% (4 inks, 20% per ink), or is that 80% out of
    100% (80% of each ink)?

    Maybe you could do what I just did: go to Xerox's web site and look up
    the 7750, and look at the price for toner and the specified yields.

    CMY each cost 1.27272 cents at 5% coverage. A 5% CMY page, then, costs
    3.81816 cents. A 20% CMY page, which means 20% of each of those inks
    (or 60% out of the possible 400%), costs 4 times as much: 15.27264
    cents.

    K toner at 5% coverage is 0.46875 cents. Times 4 for 20%, that makes it
    1.875 cents.

    So 20% of each color for an 80% coverage comes out to 15.27264 cents
    plus 1.875 cents for a total of 17.14764 cents.

    However, if you wanted 80% of each ink (wow! 320% coverage, that's
    really the maximum the engine will lay down), that's 4 times as much for
    a total of 68.6 cents.

    This is assuming LETTER sized pages. If you're doing 20% coverage on a
    TABLOID size page, double your expense.

    I leave it to the reader to go to HP's site and get the same pricing and
    yield information, and do his own math.

    Now, that's fine if you want to buy the 7750 and if you want the ability
    not to use it--that is, you want the flexibility of paying strictly as
    you go, and not paying for a more expensive printer. But if you know
    you're going to use it, you take the above numbers and do the math and
    see what you come up with.

    If you're going to use it for 5000 letter size prints a month at that
    20% per color rate, you'll spend $857 on ink. If those are tabloid size
    pages, you'll spend $1700 on ink.

    At this point you should look toward the next step: a more expensive
    machine that costs significantly less to operate. If you step up to the
    7750's big brother, the Xerox 3535, you get the same engine with a few
    more goodies and an equally robust print processor, but more importantly
    you're now in an entirely different pricing tier. Now you're at the
    level where you buy prints from Xerox at a straight price of around 8.9
    cents, regardless of size and regardless of ink coverage.

    So your 5000 prints cost $445 fixed, regardless of ink used. If you're
    doing tabloid prints, that leaves you with over $1200 per month to spend
    on the machine itself. If the machine costs $700 per month to buy, you
    save $500 each and every month you're in business.

    Look at everything.

    thanks Elmo, it was very informative but was still very complicated
    and more stats based rather than actual use.

    In article <7a503b0.0408040124.6da2c96c@posting.google.com>,
    decipher@sify.com (saad) wrote:

    > thanks Elmo, it was very informative but was still very complicated
    > and more stats based rather than actual use.

    But if you get the same information from HP, you'll have an
    apples-to-apples comparison. And that's as valid as anything.

    I doubt very much if you'll find anyone daring to track his ink usage on
    a real world basis. Most people don't want to do that; they don't want
    to know how much they're spending on ink.

Printers Phaser Hewlett Packard Peripherals