Help!! Please help with overclock!

I needs overclocking! :p
Heres my specs I just built this recently, and never tryed to
overclock before.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
PNY Verto Geforce 6600 GT
AsusTek K8N-E

120 GB 7200 RPM Sata Maxtor HD
2x 512 of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PRO

I have a Zalman Fan w/ heatsink that keeps my cpu at 30c at all times
and about 6 other fans on my case.

I dont know exactly what to do with what.

Thanks.

If it's an nforce 3 or 4, this should work:
Set ddr400 memory to 1 step slower (200 > 166)
Set hypertransport to 4
Set vcore (cpu voltage) to 1.5
Now you can take the clock up a little at a time and it should be ok at 240.

So now you'd have a 3800+ with the memory back at 200 from 166, and the
hypertransport at 960 (it should stay below 1000). The cpu would be at 2.4
gig.

That's where mine is.

Be sure to test it with memtest86 and the prime95 torture test.

If you try to go higher than 250 then set the hypertransport to 3, and you
may have to slow down the memory if it doesn't overclock ok. But going
higher than 240 gains just a small %.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

well i seem to have this problem now through overclocking or something
not sure what i did.. my sound is all slowed down and messed up ..
games seem to werid out and freeze then go back.. system monitor
shows cpu jumping to 100 %...

any thoughts?

thanks... i actually figured out what was going on and sorta pin
pointed it to my sound for some reason..

now the real question is .. how is my sound acting so freaking slow...

im like playing doom 3 with nearly all graphics maxed but yet my sound
is like soooo slllooooooww.. eheh werid. :)

On Wed, 18 May 2005 04:32:02 -0400, JherNv wrote:

> I needs overclocking! :p
> Heres my specs I just built this recently, and never tryed to
> overclock before.
>
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+
> PNY Verto Geforce 6600 GT
> AsusTek K8N-E
>
> 120 GB 7200 RPM Sata Maxtor HD
> 2x 512 of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PRO
>
> I have a Zalman Fan w/ heatsink that keeps my cpu at 30c at all times
> and about 6 other fans on my case.
>
> I dont know exactly what to do with what.

Take your browser and go to google groups and search for k8n-e overclock.

Results 1 - 10 of 64 for k8n- e overclock (0.21 seconds)

"JherNv" <chicmagnt@msn-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> thanks... i actually figured out what was going on and sorta pin
> pointed it to my sound for some reason..
>
> now the real question is .. how is my sound acting so freaking slow...
>

> im like playing doom 3 with nearly all graphics maxed but yet my sound
> is like soooo slllooooooww.. eheh werid. :)

Slow sound? I don't think I've heard that one before. See if new drivers are
available for your sound. You didn't say If it's onboard sound or a seperate
card.

>I needs overclocking! :p
> Heres my specs I just built this recently, and never tryed to
> overclock before.
>
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+
> PNY Verto Geforce 6600 GT
> AsusTek K8N-E
>
> 120 GB 7200 RPM Sata Maxtor HD
> 2x 512 of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PRO
>
> I have a Zalman Fan w/ heatsink that keeps my cpu at 30c at all times
> and about 6 other fans on my case.
>
> I dont know exactly what to do with what.
>
> Thanks.

Had a problem with the sound on my Asus K8N. In BIA I had a really weak
sound from certain characters and normal from others. Reinstalling the
latest alc850 drivers from Asus fixed it.

dawg wrote:
> "JherNv" <chicmagnt@msn-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>thanks... i actually figured out what was going on and sorta pin
>>pointed it to my sound for some reason..
>>
>>now the real question is .. how is my sound acting so freaking slow...
>>

>>im like playing doom 3 with nearly all graphics maxed but yet my sound
>>is like soooo slllooooooww.. eheh werid. :)
>>

> Slow sound? I don't think I've heard that one before. See if new drivers are
> available for your sound. You didn't say If it's onboard sound or a seperate
> card.

I overclocked my current system a while back and somehow blew up the
onboard sound (ASUS A7N8X-X I think, the popular one, man how can I forget!)

Sound was very slow and glitchy, installed a Creative 5.1 Live and all
was sorted.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"JKBK" <jkbk@ssssshaw.ca> wrote in message

> "JherNv" <chicmagnt@msn-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>>I needs overclocking! :p
>> Heres my specs I just built this recently, and never tryed to
>> overclock before.
>>
>> AMD Athlon 64 3200+
>> PNY Verto Geforce 6600 GT
>> AsusTek K8N-E
>>
>> 120 GB 7200 RPM Sata Maxtor HD
>> 2x 512 of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PRO
>>
>> I have a Zalman Fan w/ heatsink that keeps my cpu at 30c at all times
>> and about 6 other fans on my case.
>>
>> I dont know exactly what to do with what.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> Had a problem with the sound on my Asus K8N. In BIA I had a really weak
> sound from certain characters and normal from others. Reinstalling the
> latest alc850 drivers from Asus fixed it.
While that can fix it, some codecs can screw up your sound as well so have a
look there as well.