Overclocking Problem help?

I've messed around with bios a few times and I've been unsuccessful
Overclocking my CPU...Would anyone have any suggestions for me...I've tried
tampering with fsb and voltage, just fsb, ram timings, but i haven't had any
luck coming up with the right settings...Now i'm not a computer guru or
anything and that's probably have the reason but I was hoping to OC this
chip. Oh, and i've tried Ntune and that hasn't worked as well.
Even if someone with a very similar system to let me know what they have for
bios settings to help??

Tnx in advance

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2

Motherboard
BIOS Type Award (11/12/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 1833 MHz (11 x 167) 2500+
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
Motherboard Name Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 1 WiFi, 3 DDR DIMM,
Audio, Gigabit LAN)
System Memory 512 MB PC 4000 GEIL (DDR SDRAM)

Display
Video Adapter RADEON 9800 PRO - Secondary (128 MB)
Video Adapter RADEON 9800 PRO (128 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (R350)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (CX 026340)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP2 - Audio Codec Interface
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP2 - Audio Processing Unit (Dolby Digital)

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 20002 MB (12421 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 20402 MB (19944 MB free)
E: (NTFS) 94460 MB (64909 MB free)
F: (NTFS) 55937 MB (9211 MB free)
2 answers Last reply
More about overclocking problem help

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 12:13:12 +0000, Fen wrote:

    > I've messed around with bios a few times and I've been unsuccessful
    > Overclocking my CPU...Would anyone have any suggestions for me...I've tried
    > tampering with fsb and voltage, just fsb, ram timings, but i haven't had any
    > luck coming up with the right settings...Now i'm not a computer guru or
    > anything and that's probably have the reason but I was hoping to OC this
    > chip. Oh, and i've tried Ntune and that hasn't worked as well.
    > Even if someone with a very similar system to let me know what they have for
    > bios settings to help??
    >
    > CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 1833 MHz (11 x 167) 2500+
    > Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
    > Motherboard Name Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 1 WiFi, 3 DDR DIMM,
    > System Memory 512 MB PC 4000 GEIL (DDR SDRAM)

    All you should need to do is to raise the FSB and the voltage depending on
    how much you want to overclock. A reasonable speed would be 2200MHz
    (11x200), basically a 3200+ speed. I'd start by raising vcore to 1.85v and
    FSB to 200. If it boots there, start lowering vcore til it won't work.
    Hopefully you have a decent cooler (not stock). Use a boot cd or floppy
    when testing so you won't corrupt the HD.

    I was able to oc after...not 3200 speeds tho but i got a significant jump at
    1980 mhz. Tnx for your help.

    "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 18 May 2005 12:13:12 +0000, Fen wrote:
    >
    >> I've messed around with bios a few times and I've been unsuccessful
    >> Overclocking my CPU...Would anyone have any suggestions for me...I've
    >> tried
    >> tampering with fsb and voltage, just fsb, ram timings, but i haven't had
    >> any
    >> luck coming up with the right settings...Now i'm not a computer guru or
    >> anything and that's probably have the reason but I was hoping to OC this
    >> chip. Oh, and i've tried Ntune and that hasn't worked as well.
    >> Even if someone with a very similar system to let me know what they have
    >> for
    >> bios settings to help??
    >>
    >> CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 1833 MHz (11 x 167) 2500+
    >> Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
    >> Motherboard Name Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 1 WiFi, 3 DDR
    >> DIMM,
    >> System Memory 512 MB PC 4000 GEIL (DDR SDRAM)
    >>
    > All you should need to do is to raise the FSB and the voltage depending on
    > how much you want to overclock. A reasonable speed would be 2200MHz
    > (11x200), basically a 3200+ speed. I'd start by raising vcore to 1.85v and
    > FSB to 200. If it boots there, start lowering vcore til it won't work.
    > Hopefully you have a decent cooler (not stock). Use a boot cd or floppy
    > when testing so you won't corrupt the HD.

    > My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    > Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

AMD Overclocking