Dual AMD X16 AMD64 Mofo such a beast ???

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2005 8:51:56 AM

When the AMD X2 CPUs come out i want one. But i need a mobo to put it
in. And i want a Dual X16 Mobo so i can put one 6800 GT SLI in and add
another later.

Thanks for any help.

Bye.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2005 8:51:57 AM

All the current s939 motherboards will support the X2 (Unlike the new dual
core Intel cpu)

"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message

> When the AMD X2 CPUs come out i want one. But i need a mobo to put it
> in. And i want a Dual X16 Mobo so i can put one 6800 GT SLI in and add
> another later.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Bye.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2005 5:29:39 PM

Understand. And all new 939 Boards are dual SLI X16 Boards.

Understood.

On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:54:21 -0500, "LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back>
wrote:

>All the current s939 motherboards will support the X2 (Unlike the new dual
>core Intel cpu)
>

>"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> When the AMD X2 CPUs come out i want one. But i need a mobo to put it
>> in. And i want a Dual X16 Mobo so i can put one 6800 GT SLI in and add
>> another later.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Bye.

a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2005 5:29:40 PM

Nope.
MSI and Epox do an NF3 939 - which is AGP.

On Holidays wrote:
> Understand. And all new 939 Boards are dual SLI X16 Boards.
>
> Understood.
>

> On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:54:21 -0500, "LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back>
> wrote:
>
>> All the current s939 motherboards will support the X2 (Unlike the
>> new dual core Intel cpu)
>>

>> "On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> When the AMD X2 CPUs come out i want one. But i need a mobo to put
>>> it in. And i want a Dual X16 Mobo so i can put one 6800 GT SLI in
>>> and add another later.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> Bye.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2005 5:29:40 PM

> Understand. And all new 939 Boards are dual SLI X16 Boards.
>
> Understood.

No! In addition to the boards cited by LBJGH, there are numerous 939 boards
that use PCI-E and are *not* dual SLI boards. The Asus A8V-E and A8N-E
models come to mind immediately. Each has a *single* PCI-E x16 slot.
If you want dual PCI-E x16 slots, look for that feature specifically.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2005 5:29:40 PM

MSI has an nforce board that comes in SLI or not.

"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message

> Understand. And all new 939 Boards are dual SLI X16 Boards.
>
> Understood.
>

> On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:54:21 -0500, "LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back>
> wrote:
>
>>All the current s939 motherboards will support the X2 (Unlike the new dual
>>core Intel cpu)
>>

>>"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> When the AMD X2 CPUs come out i want one. But i need a mobo to put it
>>> in. And i want a Dual X16 Mobo so i can put one 6800 GT SLI in and add
>>> another later.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> Bye.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2005 9:05:24 AM

I did say somthing about a board with Dual X16 PICE slot did i not ??
I think their is a Tyran one. others i do not know off.

On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:11:03 -0500, "Earl" <llamadon@gmail.com> wrote:

>MSI has an nforce board that comes in SLI or not.
>
>"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> Understand. And all new 939 Boards are dual SLI X16 Boards.
>>
>> Understood.
>>

>> On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:54:21 -0500, "LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>All the current s939 motherboards will support the X2 (Unlike the new dual
>>>core Intel cpu)
>>>

>>>"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2005 9:05:25 AM

> I did say somthing about a board with Dual X16 PICE slot did i not ??
> I think their is a Tyran one. others i do not know off.

There's quite a few 939 SLI motherboards. What will you be using the system
for? Tyan is geared more towards workstation boards. Not a lot of tweakable
BIOS options.
May 22, 2005 4:06:47 PM

The only boards I have seen that come close to what you want are socket 940
boards using the nf4 pro chips, two chips two pci express slots each with 16
lines.
May 22, 2005 7:06:17 PM

YEP .. coming aoon anyway

http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/05/20/HNathlon64lau...

AMD to launch dual-core Athlon 64 on May 31
AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor to debut on the first day of Computex show

By Martyn Williams, IDG News Service
May 20, 2005

Advanced Micro Devices will launch the first dual-core version of its Athlon
64 desktop processor at Taiwan's Computex trade show on May 31.

The AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor will be launched on the first day of
Computex, the mammoth show that brings most of Taiwan's computer hardware,
software, and technology industry face-to-face with technology buyers from
around the world, the company said Friday. AMD has used Computex in prior
years to launch new processors. If previous years are a guide, the processor
will likely be accompanied by the introduction of compatible motherboards
produced by Taiwanese companies.

Dual-core processors contain two processors on a single piece of silicon and
give users improved performance. This is because processor-intensive tasks
like editing video and burning optical discs can be handled independently so
they don't slow each other down as might happen in a single-core processor.
Until now, most desktop and server processors have had a single core but
several dual-core chips have been launched.

Intel, AMD's biggest rival, has already launched a dual-core version of its
Pentium processor. It began shipping the chip, called the Pentium Extreme
Edition 840 (Pentium EE), in April this year and a second chip, called the
Pentium D, is due later this month.

Prototype versions of the new Athlon 64 chip scored well against the Pentium
EE in tests carried out by PC World. A system based on the Athlon 64 chip
achieved a score of 115 on the PC WorldBench 5 benchmark, against 95 for a
system based on the Pentium EE, making the dual-core Athlon 64 system the
second-fastest tested to date. The Athlon 64 also drew less power, at about
100 watts versus 145 watts for the Intel chip.

The Athlon 64 X2 isn't AMD's first dual-core processor. The Sunnyvale,
California, company launched a dual-core version of its Opteron processor
for four-way and eight-way servers in April. It will start shipping a second
dual-core Opteron, for two-way servers and workstations, in May, it said at
the time.

Computex, in Taipei, runs from May 31 to June 4.

"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message

> When the AMD X2 CPUs come out i want one. But i need a mobo to put it
> in. And i want a Dual X16 Mobo so i can put one 6800 GT SLI in and add
> another later.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Bye.

begin 666 dot_t.gif
K1TE&.#EA`@`"`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````"``(```("A%$`.P``
`
end
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 25, 2005 3:36:26 AM

GIMME GIME GIME GIME :)

On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:06:17 -0700, "Wookie" <Tom@comcast.net> wrote:

>YEP .. coming aoon anyway
>
>http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/05/20/HNathlon64lau...
>
> AMD to launch dual-core Athlon 64 on May 31
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor to debut on the first day of Computex show
>
> By Martyn Williams, IDG News Service
> May 20, 2005
>
>Advanced Micro Devices will launch the first dual-core version of its Athlon
>64 desktop processor at Taiwan's Computex trade show on May 31.
>
>The AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor will be launched on the first day of
>Computex, the mammoth show that brings most of Taiwan's computer hardware,
>software, and technology industry face-to-face with technology buyers from
>around the world, the company said Friday. AMD has used Computex in prior
>years to launch new processors. If previous years are a guide, the processor
>will likely be accompanied by the introduction of compatible motherboards
>produced by Taiwanese companies.
>
>Dual-core processors contain two processors on a single piece of silicon and
>give users improved performance. This is because processor-intensive tasks
>like editing video and burning optical discs can be handled independently so
>they don't slow each other down as might happen in a single-core processor.
>Until now, most desktop and server processors have had a single core but
>several dual-core chips have been launched.
>
>Intel, AMD's biggest rival, has already launched a dual-core version of its
>Pentium processor. It began shipping the chip, called the Pentium Extreme
>Edition 840 (Pentium EE), in April this year and a second chip, called the
>Pentium D, is due later this month.
>
>Prototype versions of the new Athlon 64 chip scored well against the Pentium
>EE in tests carried out by PC World. A system based on the Athlon 64 chip
>achieved a score of 115 on the PC WorldBench 5 benchmark, against 95 for a
>system based on the Pentium EE, making the dual-core Athlon 64 system the
>second-fastest tested to date. The Athlon 64 also drew less power, at about
>100 watts versus 145 watts for the Intel chip.
>
>The Athlon 64 X2 isn't AMD's first dual-core processor. The Sunnyvale,
>California, company launched a dual-core version of its Opteron processor
>for four-way and eight-way servers in April. It will start shipping a second
>dual-core Opteron, for two-way servers and workstations, in May, it said at
>the time.
>
>Computex, in Taipei, runs from May 31 to June 4.
>

>"On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> When the AMD X2 CPUs come out i want one. But i need a mobo to put it
>> in. And i want a Dual X16 Mobo so i can put one 6800 GT SLI in and add
>> another later.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Bye.

June 10, 2008 3:31:04 PM