Hitmusic from the 80's (80's to 90's)

Hi all.

1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing Arcades
started for me.
I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope maybe
you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully I get my
MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the background to
really bring the memories back :-D

Take care all

Ken
13 answers Last reply
More about hitmusic

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:47 +0200, Ken wrote:

    > I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope maybe
    > you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully I get my
    > MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the background to
    > really bring the memories back :-D

    I'm afraid not a single good song was released in the 80s. ;)

    Mike

    "Ken" <navn2000DELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Hi all.
    >
    > 1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing
    > Arcades started for me.
    > I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope
    > maybe you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) -
    > Hopefully I get my MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some
    > music in the background to really bring the memories back :-D
    >
    > Take care all
    >
    > Ken

    Try news groups, alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1980s

    I do have a collection of No.1 hits dating from 1953 - 2004 so I could
    upload them to a binary group for you.

    --
    Alex Devlin

    "Never knowingly understood."

    Ken wrote on 26. May 2005:

    > 1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing Arcades
    > started for me.
    > I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope maybe
    > you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully I get my
    > MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the background to
    > really bring the memories back :-D

    Have a look into the headers of this article. You'll find a list of tines I
    ripped and converted to MP3. Mainly (cheesy) 80s stuff.
    --
    By(e) Andreas
    U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

    Alex Devlin wrote on 26. May 2005:

    > "Ken" <navn2000DELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> 1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing
    >> Arcades started for me.
    >> I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope
    >> maybe you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) -
    >> Hopefully I get my MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some
    >> music in the background to really bring the memories back :-D
    >
    > Try news groups, alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1980s

    Or some discussions about the 80s in general at
    <news:alt.culture.us.1980s>, where I also post as "Eightiesseeker".

    Btw. I remember the summer in 1981 playing Vanguard in a burger
    restaurant in my village (never had a burger there though ;-). Always
    when I think of this I also recall they played "Come On Eileen" and
    "Gino" by Dexie's Midnight Runners. And I was 15 years old. :-)
    --
    By(e) Andreas
    U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

    Andreas Kohlbach <ankman@email.com> wrote in
    kman.de:

    > Ken wrote on 26. May 2005:
    >>
    >> 1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing
    >> Arcades started for me.
    >> I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope
    >> maybe you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully
    >> I get my MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the
    >> background to really bring the memories back :-D
    >
    > Have a look into the headers of this article. You'll find a list of
    > tines I ripped and converted to MP3. Mainly (cheesy) 80s stuff.

    Sheesh, "mainly cheesy" is right!! ;-) :-)

    Some 80's material thrown out at random: (album titles in quotes)

    Pat Benatar: Love is a Battlefield
    Joan Jett & the Blackhearts: I Hate Myself For Loving You
    Bon Jovi: almost all of "New Jersey"
    Brian Adams: almost all of "Reckless"
    Van Halen: almost all of "1984" and "5150"
    Def Leppard: almost all of "Pyromania" and "Hysteria"
    Weird Al Yankovic: anything ;-)
    The Police: "The Hits" (or whatever their hits compilation was called)
    J. Geils Band: almost all of "Freeze Frame"
    Madonna: Like a Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Live to Tell, Get Into The Groove,
    Where's The Party, Justify My Love ;-)
    Mr. Mister: "Welcome To The Real World"
    Phil Collins: "No Jacket Required" & "Hello, I Must Be Going"
    Genesis: "Genesis" & "Invisible Touch"
    Eurhythmics: greatest hits compilation
    Lee Aaron: "Bodyrock"
    Loverboy: Love Will Rise Again, Heaven in Your Eyes, Turn Me Loose (also see
    Tim Tamashiro's remake of this one)
    Mike Reno & Ann Wilson: Almost Paradise
    Honeymoon Suite: I Got A New Girl Now
    Chicago: "17" "18" ... etc.

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:47 +0200, "Ken" <navn2000DELETE@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi all.
    >
    >1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing Arcades
    >started for me.
    >I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope maybe
    >you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully I get my
    >MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the background to
    >really bring the memories back :-D
    >
    >Take care all
    >
    >Ken

    I think one of the coolest songs of the 80's is "Cars" by Gary Neuman.
    He also has a song called "Praying to the Alien" which is video game
    related.

    Playing Robotron or Donkey Kong with "Cars" blasting is like
    travelling back in time for me.

    Here some that take me back:

    U2 - Pride
    Adam Ant - Don't Drink Don't Smoke
    Australian Crawl - Reckless
    The Models - Monteugo Bay
    B52's - Rock Lobster
    Cold Chisel - Cheap Wine
    David Bowie - China Girl
    Duran Duran - Planet Earth
    Duran Duran - The Reflex
    Duran Duran - Girl's On Film
    Duran Duran - Rio
    Eurythmics - any song of theirs
    The Cure - Forest
    J Geils Band - Centrefold
    Loverboy - Turn Me Loose
    Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell
    Midnight Oil - US Forces
    Midnight Oil - When the Generals Talk
    Mondo Rock - Come Said The Boy
    Mondo Rock - No Time
    Moving Pictures - What About Me
    Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie
    Newcleus - Jam On It
    Racey - Lay Your Love On Me
    Racey - Some Girls
    Ray Parker Jr - The Other Woman
    Ray Parker Jr - Ghost Busters
    Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
    Steve Miller - Abracadabra
    SuperTramp - Most of there hits
    Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
    Player One - Space Invaders
    SkyHooks - Horror Movie
    Pat Benetar - Love is a Battle Field
    Grand Master Flash and The Furious Five - The Message
    Herbie Hancock - Rocket
    Talking Heads - Burning Down the House
    Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere
    Talking Heads - As The Days Go By
    INXS - New Sensation
    INXS - Falling Down a Mountain ?
    INXS - Original Sin
    INXS - Burn For You
    Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
    Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
    Hall & Oats - Man Eater
    Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
    Spandau Ballet - True
    Spandau Ballet - Gold
    ABC - Avalon
    Robert Palmer - Simply Irresitable
    Peter Gabriel - Big Time
    Peter Gabriel - Sledge Hammer
    J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame

    There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o)

    --
    Ian
    The Pinny Parlour

    Clone: http://www.geocites.com/thepinnyparlour

    IPM Invader (coffee break invaders) http://www.geocities.com/ipminvader

    -----8<-----

    > There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o)

    ZZ Top - Rough Boy

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Deadly_Dad

    Dead_Dad wrote on 27. May 2005:

    > The Pinny Parlour wrote:
    >> Here some that take me back:
    >>
    > -----8<-----
    >> There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o)
    >
    > ZZ Top - Rough Boy

    Yeah, just saw the video again. Aaaaah, nice tune.

    /me prods k.os: can you play it again please? ;-)
    --

    Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in news:2OGle.1494896$6l.695617
    @pd7tw2no:

    > The Pinny Parlour wrote:
    >> Here some that take me back:
    >>
    > -----8<-----
    >>
    >> There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o)
    >
    > ZZ Top - Rough Boy

    Bah. Try Velcro Fly instead, or Tube Snake Boogie, or Cheap Sunglasses, or
    I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide.

    Hung N wrote:
    > Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in news:2OGle.1494896$6l.695617
    > @pd7tw2no:
    >

    >>The Pinny Parlour wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here some that take me back:
    >>>

    >>-----8<-----
    >>
    >>>There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o)
    >>
    >>ZZ Top - Rough Boy
    >

    > Bah. Try Velcro Fly instead, or Tube Snake Boogie, or Cheap Sunglasses, or
    > I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide.

    Vangelis - Theme from 'Chariots of Fire' <G>

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Deadly_Dad

    -----8<-----

    -----8<-----
    > The duets Paul McCartney did with Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson
    -----8<-----
    > -Sune

    Paul, Stevie, /and/ Michael doing duets together..... I guess that's
    possible if you add the last two together - One /can't/ see, and the
    other /shouldn't/ be seen..... <GBEG>

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Deadly_Dad

    lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns9666C341F23FClob30yahoocom@
    203.26.24.228:

    <snip>

    >...Though most of the good stuff came from the
    > UK and New Zealand.

    Oh no, that's right, I forgot, New Zealand music was only a "local scene".

    lob ;-)

Games Video Games