Hitmusic from the 80's (80's to 90's)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 27, 2005 3:42:47 AM

Hi all.

1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing Arcades
started for me.
I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope maybe
you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully I get my
MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the background to
really bring the memories back :-D

Take care all

Ken

More about : hitmusic

May 27, 2005 3:42:48 AM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:47 +0200, Ken wrote:

> I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope maybe
> you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully I get my
> MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the background to
> really bring the memories back :-D

I'm afraid not a single good song was released in the 80s. ;)

Mike
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 3:42:48 AM

"Ken" <navn2000DELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi all.
>
> 1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing
> Arcades started for me.
> I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope
> maybe you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) -
> Hopefully I get my MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some
> music in the background to really bring the memories back :-D
>
> Take care all
>
> Ken

Try news groups, alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1980s

I do have a collection of No.1 hits dating from 1953 - 2004 so I could
upload them to a binary group for you.

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."
May 27, 2005 3:42:48 AM

Ken wrote on 26. May 2005:

> 1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing Arcades
> started for me.
> I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope maybe
> you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully I get my
> MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the background to
> really bring the memories back :-D

Have a look into the headers of this article. You'll find a list of tines I
ripped and converted to MP3. Mainly (cheesy) 80s stuff.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;

Alex Devlin wrote on 26. May 2005:

> "Ken" <navn2000DELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> 1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing
>> Arcades started for me.
>> I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope
>> maybe you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) -
>> Hopefully I get my MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some
>> music in the background to really bring the memories back :-D
>
> Try news groups, alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1980s

Or some discussions about the 80s in general at
<news:alt.culture.us.1980s>, where I also post as "Eightiesseeker".

Btw. I remember the summer in 1981 playing Vanguard in a burger
restaurant in my village (never had a burger there though ;-). Always
when I think of this I also recall they played "Come On Eileen" and
"Gino" by Dexie's Midnight Runners. And I was 15 years old. :-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 27, 2005 7:35:28 AM

Andreas Kohlbach <ankman@email.com> wrote in
news:o nly_broken_newsreaders_show_this_in_the_body.m2oeax5r4y.fsf@usenet.an
kman.de:

> Ken wrote on 26. May 2005:
>>
>> 1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing
>> Arcades started for me.
>> I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope
>> maybe you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully
>> I get my MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the
>> background to really bring the memories back :-D
>
> Have a look into the headers of this article. You'll find a list of
> tines I ripped and converted to MP3. Mainly (cheesy) 80s stuff.

Sheesh, "mainly cheesy" is right!! ;-) :-)

Some 80's material thrown out at random: (album titles in quotes)

Pat Benatar: Love is a Battlefield
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts: I Hate Myself For Loving You
Bon Jovi: almost all of "New Jersey"
Brian Adams: almost all of "Reckless"
Van Halen: almost all of "1984" and "5150"
Def Leppard: almost all of "Pyromania" and "Hysteria"
Weird Al Yankovic: anything ;-)
The Police: "The Hits" (or whatever their hits compilation was called)
J. Geils Band: almost all of "Freeze Frame"
Madonna: Like a Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Live to Tell, Get Into The Groove,
Where's The Party, Justify My Love ;-)
Mr. Mister: "Welcome To The Real World"
Phil Collins: "No Jacket Required" & "Hello, I Must Be Going"
Genesis: "Genesis" & "Invisible Touch"
Eurhythmics: greatest hits compilation
Lee Aaron: "Bodyrock"
Loverboy: Love Will Rise Again, Heaven in Your Eyes, Turn Me Loose (also see
Tim Tamashiro's remake of this one)
Mike Reno & Ann Wilson: Almost Paradise
Honeymoon Suite: I Got A New Girl Now
Chicago: "17" "18" ... etc.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 3:45:00 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:42:47 +0200, "Ken" <navn2000DELETE@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>1980 I was 10 years old and I think it was about that time playing Arcades
>started for me.
>I'm trying to bring back the old memories from the 80's and now I hope maybe
>you can help me with some musichits from the 80's :-) - Hopefully I get my
>MAME-modded cab done soon and then I need some music in the background to
>really bring the memories back :-D
>
>Take care all
>
>Ken

I think one of the coolest songs of the 80's is "Cars" by Gary Neuman.
He also has a song called "Praying to the Alien" which is video game
related.

Playing Robotron or Donkey Kong with "Cars" blasting is like
travelling back in time for me.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 5:52:21 PM

Here some that take me back:

U2 - Pride
Adam Ant - Don't Drink Don't Smoke
Australian Crawl - Reckless
The Models - Monteugo Bay
B52's - Rock Lobster
Cold Chisel - Cheap Wine
David Bowie - China Girl
Duran Duran - Planet Earth
Duran Duran - The Reflex
Duran Duran - Girl's On Film
Duran Duran - Rio
Eurythmics - any song of theirs
The Cure - Forest
J Geils Band - Centrefold
Loverboy - Turn Me Loose
Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell
Midnight Oil - US Forces
Midnight Oil - When the Generals Talk
Mondo Rock - Come Said The Boy
Mondo Rock - No Time
Moving Pictures - What About Me
Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie
Newcleus - Jam On It
Racey - Lay Your Love On Me
Racey - Some Girls
Ray Parker Jr - The Other Woman
Ray Parker Jr - Ghost Busters
Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
Steve Miller - Abracadabra
SuperTramp - Most of there hits
Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Player One - Space Invaders
SkyHooks - Horror Movie
Pat Benetar - Love is a Battle Field
Grand Master Flash and The Furious Five - The Message
Herbie Hancock - Rocket
Talking Heads - Burning Down the House
Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere
Talking Heads - As The Days Go By
INXS - New Sensation
INXS - Falling Down a Mountain ?
INXS - Original Sin
INXS - Burn For You
Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
Hall & Oats - Man Eater
Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
Spandau Ballet - True
Spandau Ballet - Gold
ABC - Avalon
Robert Palmer - Simply Irresitable
Peter Gabriel - Big Time
Peter Gabriel - Sledge Hammer
J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame

There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o )

--
Ian
The Pinny Parlour

Clone: http://www.geocites.com/thepinnyparlour

IPM Invader (coffee break invaders) http://www.geocities.com/ipminvader
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 7:13:02 PM

-----8<-----

> There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o )

ZZ Top - Rough Boy

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

Dead_Dad wrote on 27. May 2005:

> The Pinny Parlour wrote:
>> Here some that take me back:
>>
> -----8<-----
>> There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o )
>
> ZZ Top - Rough Boy

Yeah, just saw the video again. Aaaaah, nice tune.

/me prods k.os: can you play it again please? ;-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
May 28, 2005 12:33:57 AM

Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in news:2OGle.1494896$6l.695617
@pd7tw2no:

> The Pinny Parlour wrote:
>> Here some that take me back:
>>
> -----8<-----
>>
>> There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o )
>
> ZZ Top - Rough Boy

Bah. Try Velcro Fly instead, or Tube Snake Boogie, or Cheap Sunglasses, or
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide.
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:47:30 AM

Hung N wrote:
> Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in news:2OGle.1494896$6l.695617
> @pd7tw2no:
>

>>The Pinny Parlour wrote:
>>
>>> Here some that take me back:
>>>

>>-----8<-----
>>
>>>There are heaps more that I just can't think of right now. :o )
>>
>>ZZ Top - Rough Boy
>

> Bah. Try Velcro Fly instead, or Tube Snake Boogie, or Cheap Sunglasses, or
> I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide.

Vangelis - Theme from 'Chariots of Fire' <G>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

-----8<-----

-----8<-----
> The duets Paul McCartney did with Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson
-----8<-----
> -Sune

Paul, Stevie, /and/ Michael doing duets together..... I guess that's
possible if you add the last two together - One /can't/ see, and the
other /shouldn't/ be seen..... <GBEG>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns9666C341F23FClob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

<snip>

>...Though most of the good stuff came from the
> UK and New Zealand.

Oh no, that's right, I forgot, New Zealand music was only a "local scene".

lob ;-)
!