FX55 San Diego Heatsink

I just ordered a FX55 San Diego for a system I'm about to build. I don't
plan on OC'ing it anytime soon as I have know idea how to safely OC.
This is something I will look to learn slowly in the future. Am I
screwing myself by using the included heatsink and fan right now? Will
they do the trick? Or should I not use them and buy something a little
more high-end now? I ask mainly because I heard the San Diego was going
to run cooler at 90nm then the previous chip did at 130nm.

Thanks for any advice!

It's fine, even for light OCing.

"jlab13" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>I just ordered a FX55 San Diego for a system I'm about to build. I don't
>plan on OC'ing it anytime soon as I have know idea how to safely OC. This
>is something I will look to learn slowly in the future. Am I screwing
>myself by using the included heatsink and fan right now? Will they do the
>trick? Or should I not use them and buy something a little more high-end
>now? I ask mainly because I heard the San Diego was going to run cooler at
>90nm then the previous chip did at 130nm.
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Ya, the san diego FX55 runs much cooler than the previous version.

"jlab13" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>I just ordered a FX55 San Diego for a system I'm about to build. I don't
>plan on OC'ing it anytime soon as I have know idea how to safely OC. This
>is something I will look to learn slowly in the future. Am I screwing
>myself by using the included heatsink and fan right now? Will they do the
>trick? Or should I not use them and buy something a little more high-end
>now? I ask mainly because I heard the San Diego was going to run cooler at
>90nm then the previous chip did at 130nm.
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003

That unlocked multi makes it a sweet OC chip. Just lower the multi and jack
up the FSB untill you reach your rams limit.! There are guides out there.
Google it.

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:59:31 +0000, Clob wrote:

> That unlocked multi makes it a sweet OC chip. Just lower the multi and jack
> up the FSB untill you reach your rams limit.! There are guides out there.
> Google it.

I guess you know that you can also lower then multiplier on standard A64's
too. You just can't raise the multiplier like you can on the FX.