  • MSI
Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
June 18, 2005 11:52:55 AM

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie on this matter so.........I have a few questions:

1) I have recently purchased an AMD Athlon 2100+ Tbred. My board is a MSI
K7T266pro2 - RU. (Raid) (MS-6380 v2)
2) The MSI 6380 supports 100MHz and 133Mhz CPU and the Athlon 2100+ has an
FSB of 133MHz.

Are there any overclockers who have experience with this board?
How can I best set-up my system to make the most of this and not ruin
things?

Many thanks,

Olav

More about : amd tbred 2100 msi k7t266pro2

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
June 18, 2005 4:48:19 PM

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:52:55 +0200, satneus wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm a newbie on this matter so.........I have a few questions:
>
> 1) I have recently purchased an AMD Athlon 2100+ Tbred. My board is a MSI
> K7T266pro2 - RU. (Raid) (MS-6380 v2)
> 2) The MSI 6380 supports 100MHz and 133Mhz CPU and the Athlon 2100+ has an
> FSB of 133MHz.
>
> Are there any overclockers who have experience with this board?
> How can I best set-up my system to make the most of this and not ruin
> things?

Depends on which Tbred model you have. If it's an A core, there's not much
more you can get from the default 1733MHz (13x133). If it's a B core, then
you should be able to raise the multiplier to 17 fairly easily for about
2266MHz, assuming it's not a newer locked model. If the board doesn't have
some sort of multiplier/vcore control, then you could use the pinmod.

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/...

If you have a multiplier locked model, then your options are limited to
upping the FSB from 133. A 2100+ B core is more than capable of 13x166MHz
for a 2700+ rating. The problem is that your board won't set a FSB that
high reliable if at all. In that case, you might try the mobile mod to
unlock it, but that's more trouble than I would go to. If your board has
FSB speed control, you should be able to get at least 145MHZ FSB safely.

a b K Overclocking
June 19, 2005 1:35:58 AM

Thanks Wes for answering so quick.
It's a B-core, stepping AIUHB, manufacture week 8 of 2003, so I suppose it's
unlocked.
The board has multiplier, vcore and FSB control. (With A Palomino 1600+ I
was able to rise the FSB to 145 MHz.)
Next tuesday I will make the important change to my system. I will let you
know here what the results are.

Take care,

Olav

> Depends on which Tbred model you have. If it's an A core, there's not much
> more you can get from the default 1733MHz (13x133). If it's a B core, then
> you should be able to raise the multiplier to 17 fairly easily for about
> 2266MHz, assuming it's not a newer locked model. If the board doesn't have
> some sort of multiplier/vcore control, then you could use the pinmod.
>
> http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/...
>
> If you have a multiplier locked model, then your options are limited to
> upping the FSB from 133. A 2100+ B core is more than capable of 13x166MHz
> for a 2700+ rating. The problem is that your board won't set a FSB that
> high reliable if at all. In that case, you might try the mobile mod to
> unlock it, but that's more trouble than I would go to. If your board has
> FSB speed control, you should be able to get at least 145MHZ FSB safely.

> My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
> Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

a b K Overclocking
June 19, 2005 3:39:29 AM

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:35:58 +0200, satneus wrote:

> Thanks Wes for answering so quick.
> It's a B-core, stepping AIUHB, manufacture week 8 of 2003, so I suppose it's
> unlocked.

Sure is. Except a few weeks difference, that's exactly the same as I used
in the board in my sig line.

> The board has multiplier, vcore and FSB control. (With A Palomino 1600+
> I was able to rise the FSB to 145 MHz.) Next tuesday I will make the
> important change to my system. I will let you know here what the results
> are.

I assume you haven't tried it yet. It should default to 2000MHz when you
boot with it. 20x100. Your board won't have control for the 5th multiplier
bit, so use the Multiplier Cross Ref. in the link in the sig line to see
what the setting will actually be. Examples, 7=15, 8=16, 12.5=20, etc.

a b K Overclocking
June 19, 2005 9:49:29 PM

Thanks again Wes. I'll try everything and i'll let you know on this
newsgroup or via e-mail personally.

See ya,

Olav
news:p an.2005.06.18.23.39.48.116768@TAKEOUTverizon.net...