re Barton xp

Gollum

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2001

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:34:25 +0100, "Neil Birchall"
<neil@kamelion.f2s.com> wrote:

>From: "MichalP" <kqazik@wp.pl>
>Subject: barton 2500 xp
>Date: 18 June 2005 16:57
>
>How can I unlock the multipler ?
>
>http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030210/barton-03.html#overclocking_to_2500_mhz_how_it_works
>
>.
>
>As Gollum said though, the XP-M is better as it comes totally unlocked and
>the core is higher quality

Ah, but if you looked at the links that Wes was kind enough to supply,
you would find out that some mb's won't support the XP-M because it
was meant to be in a laptop. Also there may be a voltage problem
because the v table for XP and XP-M is different.

The cores should be the same ( XP, XP-M, MP), AMD just cuts one of
the L15 bridges.

This link (above) is a completely different method.

Gollum

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:26:29 +0000, Gollum wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:34:25 +0100, "Neil Birchall"
> <neil@kamelion.f2s.com> wrote:
>

>>From: "MichalP" <kqazik@wp.pl>
>>Subject: barton 2500 xp
>>Date: 18 June 2005 16:57
>>
>>How can I unlock the multipler ?
>>
>>http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030210/barton-03.html#overclocking_to_2500_mhz_how_it_works
>>
>>.
>>
>>As Gollum said though, the XP-M is better as it comes totally unlocked and
>>the core is higher quality
>>

> Ah, but if you looked at the links that Wes was kind enough to supply,
> you would find out that some mb's won't support the XP-M because it
> was meant to be in a laptop. Also there may be a voltage problem
> because the v table for XP and XP-M is different.
>
> The cores should be the same ( XP, XP-M, MP), AMD just cuts one of
> the L15 bridges.
>
> This link (above) is a completely different method.

And the link above is full of misinformation, and has nothing to do with
"unlocking". I actually don't think the person that wrote it actually
understood what they were doing. The side by side picture of the 2 cpu
bridges is backwards among many other mistakes. IOW's, I wouldn't give
that link to anyone.

> Ah, but if you looked at the links that Wes was kind enough to supply,
> you would find out that some mb's won't support the XP-M

I have Abit NF7 - S. Will it support XP-M ?

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:41:21 +0200, MichalP wrote:

>> Ah, but if you looked at the links that Wes was kind enough to supply,
>> you would find out that some mb's won't support the XP-M
>
> I have Abit NF7 - S. Will it support XP-M ?

The cpu will work in it, but I hear the Nvidia chipset does not support
the mobile multiplier changing on the fly function.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=nf2+xp-m&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

But form the BIOS level , multipler changing will be possible , right ?

TRENDING THREADS