When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get co..

When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
connection option ???

Ive got a Nvidia 6600 GT With a Toshiba Toshiba 86cm 36SW9UA (HD)

When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
connection option ???

Just had a look at the
71.89_ForceWare_Release_70_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide. And
it seems not to have the option. It has Svideo,Composite or DVI. This
is weird as my card came with a DIN to Componet connector. Which would
asume i would use to connect to a TV right ?

So what would i select DVI or is it just not showing componet for some
reason ?

Thanks this has scared me. I can connect via Svideo but NO HD Tv for
me then. And the TV dont have DVI :(

What kidn of quality do you get with your TV out connectionand how
much trouble was it to setup to get a good picture and is HD good on
yours.

Thanks all.

Thanks DAVE.

Ian

Kate Jackson wrote:

> When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
> connection option ???
>
> Ive got a Nvidia 6600 GT With a Toshiba Toshiba 86cm 36SW9UA (HD)
>

> When setting a TV as a Second display device will i get componet as a
> connection option ???
>
> Just had a look at the
> 71.89_ForceWare_Release_70_Graphics_Display_Property_Users_Guide. And
> it seems not to have the option. It has Svideo,Composite or DVI. This
> is weird as my card came with a DIN to Componet connector. Which would
> asume i would use to connect to a TV right ?
>
> So what would i select DVI or is it just not showing componet for some
> reason ?
>

> Thanks this has scared me. I can connect via Svideo but NO HD Tv for
> me then. And the TV dont have DVI :(
>

> What kidn of quality do you get with your TV out connectionand how
> much trouble was it to setup to get a good picture and is HD good on
> yours.
>

> Thanks all.
>
> Thanks DAVE.

AFAIK the DIN to Component is to allow you to use the component in on
your TV, in that it will split the R,G,B into the three connections.
This is effectively the same as using component out on your card but may
not be shown as such. See if S-Video will output from the DIN connection.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 18/06/2005
Tested on: 19/06/2005 20:56:49